Total Control Vmax style!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

outlaws justice

Reaction score
If anyone wants to learn to put the max through the corners I am setting up my schedule for the year and I am teaching at some sites all over the place.

I am scheduled to Teach in:

Toronto Ontario
Georgetown Kentucky
Nashville Tenneessee
Maryland
and maybe Virgina

You can find more about the class at the total control Web Site www.totalcontroltraining.net or post up, or shoot me a message.

_7308587367.jpg

_6111704122.jpg

Toronto.jpg

I'm planning on taking this course in IL in the spring on my 06. I hope to have some suspension upgrades done before the class to make the whole thing a bit easier, but either way I could use the refresher.

Nice that you're teaching the course. I recommend all in the area to take advantage of it, it's supposed to be absolutely fantastic.

you doing any classes up this way? (northeast?)

and if so do you know if these count towards insurance?

Can't speak for this class but I sent a copy of my certificate of completion for the PA motorcycle safety program to my carrier and they said it wouldn't do squat for my rates. I was kinda bummed.

You'll have to check with your insurance provider as it's up to them if they honor anything. That said, unless outlaws knows otherwise ARC isn't as widely recognized as MSF. MSF basic and experienced are both at their core safety courses from a safety organization. The ARC from Total Control is designed more to developing better riding skills, and while that's certainly going to make you a safer rider most insurance companies don't see it that way. Those that have taken the MSF advanced and the ARC all say the ARC is a much better course to take if you're more interested in being a better rider.

On the Topic Of insurance, it will depend based on state and insurance company. New York used to be manditory for MSF, but not any more, So some companies might give you one other wont.

As for the North East. We do classes at N.H.I.S. in fact I taught one there last year, followed by a track day (You do not have to do both) There are also classes outside Albany New York and I do some Total Control Classes for the Military in Vermont and New Hampshire as well.

i have had the course in my wishlist ever since you originally posted last year...or was it last Spring. anyways, if/when i scrounged up the funds i was gonna sign up for the classes offered in ....is it Lakeland, FL?...at any rate the one gets offered in CFL. It would be really fruitful if their was an instructor teaching on a VMax...hint hint

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

i have had the course in my wishlist ever since you originally posted last year...or was it last Spring. anyways, if/when i scrounged up the funds i was gonna sign up for the classes offered in ....is it Lakeland, FL?...at any rate the one gets offered in CFL. It would be really fruitful if their was an instructor teaching on a VMax...hint hint

Regards from my Taptalking Hercules Android

I would LOVE to come there, but that is a long haul! I happen to know the instructor in Florida, Charles. He actually has been coming up to Teach in Nashville Tenneessee with me every year. he is good, and believe me you will be in good hands with him! OR you could take a couple days off for a road trip and ride up to Nashville at the end of March! :clapping:

They have something similar to this at a local road-race track here. All bikes are welcomed for training days. They have classes for street skills and track skills alike. Seems like a good excuse to get the Max on the track just for the fun of it. I know that it will not be as thrilling as most sport bikes, but I still think it would be fun.

www.hallettracing.net

Bump on this because:

I'm planning on taking this course in IL in the spring on my 06.

Wrapped up the class this Sunday. Hoooooly cow what an impact. We had a full 12 riders on a full range of bikes, from supersports to enduros to big fat baggers. The riders across all these bikes ranged from 2 to 40 years experience riding. The only thing everybody had in common is we all looked like shit at the start of the day, and were smoothly navigating tight corners by the end of the day with minimal bike lean.

Taking this opens you up to skills days and the annual track outing as well. We also got some money off on Race-Tech suspension upgrades, so if you're planning on getting some emulators or new springs the class can teach you something and save you money.

I had no idea how much I didn't know. Over the season I hope to take what I learned there and work on it until I can tame the straight line bike. Significant improvements by the end of the day though, just a matter of time and practice until the techniques are mostly muscle memory. Train up you dogs!

On the Topic Of insurance, it will depend based on state and insurance company. New York used to be manditory for MSF, but not any more, So some companies might give you one other wont.

As for the North East. We do classes at N.H.I.S. in fact I taught one there last year, followed by a track day (You do not have to do both) There are also classes outside Albany New York and I do some Total Control Classes for the Military in Vermont and New Hampshire as well.

I'd be interested in the class as well as a track day in NH.

I think I could put together a small group (6 or so) with enough notice.

Mark

I took the Total Control class last year in Lacey WA from an outfit called Puget Sound Safety. I went with my '06 Vmax. As Zach said, it was really awesome! Crazy to get to where you can do tight figure 8's dragging foot pegs on a 'max. Who says it can't do anything but a straight line!? Wherever you can find this class, I give it a thumbs up.

Latest posts

Back