To Be Young Again........

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sweeeet jeeebus thats wicked...

lot of those bikees don't like going airborne eh......get wigggly

That is an incredible race, I definitely don't have the stones to do something like that. Maybe around 80-120mph range but not pushing 200... crazy.

On my bucket list to go see the race, I have no where near the balls anymore to attempt something like this, nor the skills required! Amazing stuff for sure!:worthy:

My hart is pumping my blood 200mph just watching. LOL.........Mike

Just wired you posted that Dave as I spent close to an hour watching You tube videos of the TT. Some are pretty graphic. One interview was with the widow of one rider and she was adamant the race go on! Add me to everyone else's "Bucket List" as I would thoroughly enjoy every second, every sound and every smell.

Just wired you posted that Dave as I spent close to an hour watching You tube videos of the TT. Some are pretty graphic. One interview was with the widow of one rider and she was adamant the race go on! Add me to everyone else's "Bucket List" as I would thoroughly enjoy every second, every sound and every smell.

I've been laid up after having my appendix removed list week, and watching biker movies and docs. Last night I watched TT Closer To The Edge. Great watch, highly recommend. Road racers are mad :)

I would love to watch these guys race, those bikes are reving so high they almost sound like 2 strokers...:th_favorites24:

McGuinness is 41...
I want to go so bad. Those guys are all nuts. I love listening to Guy Martin when he's all worked up. I know it's English, but that's some serious dialect and accent.

I've been laid up after having my appendix removed list week, and watching biker movies and docs. Last night I watched TT Closer To The Edge. Great watch, highly recommend. Road racers are mad :)

If you like those kind of flicks check out
"Dust to Glory"
Its a documentary on the Baja 1000
Made by Dana Brown, who did "Step into Liquid" and others and he's the son of Bruce Brown of "On any Sunday" and "Endless Summer" fame among dozens of others.

Dust to glory spared no expense, utilizing a crap load of helicopters, dozens of separate film crews and registered participants to get the first ever decent coverage of that race.

Another great one is

"2 Laps to Go"

Which is a Supermoto documentary covering the Troy Lee Designs team of 2004 when old man Jeff Ward made his come back and won that years Championship in Supermoto.

In the mid 90's Sportrider magazine had one of there writers who used to race go over to Isle of Mann to race the course and write an article. He stated that just to qualify, a racer had to average over a 110 mph. They have since broken course speed records thanks to guys like McGuinness which have made qualifing speeds higher than the 110 mph.

As for the Dust to Glory movie! A must watch video! It focuses more on the dirt bikes than the cars of the Baja. A rider named Mouse McCoy rode the 1000 mile race solo!

Isle of Mann is the greatest race ever...I never miss it...the isle of Mann go karts so about 160 as well....pretty wild

Speed channel is supposed to televise most of the Isle of Mann races this year. Hope that is true.

Back