To Be Young Again........

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My favorite IOM rider was Joey Dunlop. Google him for info. Think he won the IOM 26 times!!! He died around 2000 in a race. Don't remember if it was IOM or another one. Those guys have balls of steel.... :worthy:

BTW, I don't believe the first trophy presentation in the video was for the IOM as Valentino Rossi was on the podium and I don't believe he ever ran the IOM.

Rossi has said in interviews that he would race in IOM but he doesnt want to jeopordize his career in moto GP. Carl Fogarty ran IOM after he retired.

It's way too dangerous for those guys making big bucks racing. After retirement would probably be the way to go for them.

BTW, I don't believe the first trophy presentation in the video was for the IOM as Valentino Rossi was on the podium and I don't believe he ever ran the IOM.

He was there to hang out and ride around. Not to do the actual race. He was just presenting the trophy. I believe that was '09.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

i AWESOME ! .. I WOULD HAVE LOVED TO DO THAT BACK IN THE DAY ! ... TAKES BALLS & NO FEAR OF " DEATH " TO WIN AT THAT PLACE !

Used to know someone with balls enough to race this way. We called him Superbike Mike. If he ran up on a pack of bikes he'd go off the track into the dirt and pass. Always got black flagged when he did that but he was TOTALLY INSANE on a bike. I've done some pretty unbelievable stunts in my life but most started unintentionally (Doing Something Stupid, Getting Into Trouble and Pulling It Off) Seen Mike do unbelievable things,,,, on purpose. The odds finally caught up to him. He went down a few years back. They estimated that he went off the track between 150 - 170 mph and that's all she wrote. :confused2: No Thanks. I've been an indicated 150 + an number of times. Mary and I've been an indicated 140+ once and she loved it. That's insane enough for my lifetime.

If you like those kind of flicks check out
"Dust to Glory"
Its a documentary on the Baja 1000
Made by Dana Brown, who did "Step into Liquid" and others and he's the son of Bruce Brown of "On any Sunday" and "Endless Summer" fame among dozens of others.

Thanks for the recommendation. Just watched it. Seeing Malcolm Smith again after watching On Any Sunday was very cool. He's a real inspiration. Itching (literally) to heal up and get on my bike.

Find an old video of Mike "The Bike" Hailwood running the TT on the 6 cylinder Honda 250, back in the mid 1960's. He was lapping over 100 mph way back then on a 250!

He had a set of stones, and will forever be the only athlete I consider a hero. Saw him race a F1 car at the Glen in the 1970's..... Back around 1981 he was killed, along with his daughter, when they were hit by an oncoming car when they were on the way to get fish & chips....

Find an old video of Mike "The Bike" Hailwood running the TT on the 6 cylinder Honda 250, back in the mid 1960's. He was lapping over 100 mph way back then on a 250!

He had a set of stones, and will forever be the only athlete I consider a hero. Saw him race a F1 car at the Glen in the 1970's..... Back around 1981 he was killed, along with his daughter, when they were hit by an oncoming car when they were on the way to get fish & chips....

Noted. Will see what I can find. I haven't write reached the point of watching that old George Formby movie about the TT :)

Latest posts

Back