Divorce

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All marriages are happy. It's living together afterwards that is difficult.
-- Anonymous

Marriage is a romance in which the hero dies in the first chapter.
-- Anonymous

Marriage is a three ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
-- Anonymous

Marriage is bliss. Ignorance is bliss. Ergo...
-- Anonymous

Marriage is like a hot bath. Once you get used to it, it's not so hot.
-- Anonymous

Marriage is like a violin. After the music is over, you still have the strings.
-- Anonymous

Marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy.
-- Anonymous

Marriage is low down, but you spend the rest of your life paying for it.
-- Baskins

Marriage, n. The state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a mistress and two slaves, making in all, two.
-- Ambrose Bierce, The Devil's Dictionary, 1911

Insurance is like marriage. You pay, pay, pay, and you never get anything back.
-- Al Bundy, character on "Married with Children," U.S. television show

In matrimony, to hesitate is sometimes to be saved.
-- Samuel Butler

If variety is the spice of life, marriage is the big can of leftover Spam.
-- Johnny Carson

If you are afraid of loneliness, don't marry.
-- Chekhov

Marriage is an adventure, like going to war.
-- G. K. Chesterton

The most happy marriage I can imagine to myself would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman.
-- S. T. Coleridge

Marriage is like a bank account. You put it in, you take it out, you lose interest.
-- Irwin Corey

Love is the dawn of marriage, and marriage is the sunset of love.
-- French saying

A man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished.
-- Zsa Zsa Gabor

I'm an excellent housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house.
-- Zsa Zsa Gabor

Love is blind and marriage is the institution for the blind.
-- James Graham

I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house.
-- Lewis Grizzard

Marriage is a great institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
-- Marx Groucho, the film "Animal Crackers"

Wedding is destiny, and hanging likewise.
-- John Heywood

It is amazing at how small a price may the wedding ring be placed upon a worthless hand; but, by the beauty of our law, what heaps of gold are indispensable to take it off!
-- Douglas Jerold, 1858

I don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years.
-- Sam Kinison

Marriage is a lottery, but you can't tear up your ticket if you lose.
-- F. M. Knowles

Many a man in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl.
-- Stephen Leacock

I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
-- Groucho Marx

Politics doesn't make strange bedfellows, marriage does.
-- Groucho Marx

There's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage.
-- James Holt McGavran

It doesn't much signify whom one marries, for one is sure to find out next morning it was someone else.
-- Rogers

I guess the only way to stop divorce is to stop marriage.
-- Will Rogers

I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry.
-- Rita Rudner

To marry is to halve your rights and double your duties.
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

Never marry for money. Ye'll borrow it cheaper.
-- Scottish Proverb

Marriage: A ceremony in which rings are put on the finger of the lady and through the nose of the gentleman.
-- Herbert Spencer

Marriage is like a deck of cards. In the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond. By the end you wish you had a club and a spade.
-- Unknown

all marriages are happy. It's living together afterwards that is difficult.
-- anonymous

marriage is a romance in which the hero dies in the first chapter.
-- anonymous

marriage is a three ring circus: Engagement ring, wedding ring, and suffering.
-- anonymous

marriage is bliss. Ignorance is bliss. Ergo...
-- anonymous

marriage is like a hot bath. Once you get used to it, it's not so hot.
-- anonymous

marriage is like a violin. After the music is over, you still have the strings.
-- anonymous

marriage is the only war in which you sleep with the enemy.
-- anonymous

marriage is low down, but you spend the rest of your life paying for it.
-- baskins

marriage, n. The state or condition of a community consisting of a master, a mistress and two slaves, making in all, two.
-- ambrose bierce, the devil's dictionary, 1911

insurance is like marriage. You pay, pay, pay, and you never get anything back.
-- al bundy, character on "married with children," u.s. Television show

in matrimony, to hesitate is sometimes to be saved.
-- samuel butler

if variety is the spice of life, marriage is the big can of leftover spam.
-- johnny carson

if you are afraid of loneliness, don't marry.
-- chekhov

marriage is an adventure, like going to war.
-- g. K. Chesterton

the most happy marriage i can imagine to myself would be the union of a deaf man to a blind woman.
-- s. T. Coleridge

marriage is like a bank account. You put it in, you take it out, you lose interest.
-- irwin corey

love is the dawn of marriage, and marriage is the sunset of love.
-- french saying

a man is incomplete until he is married. After that, he is finished.
-- zsa zsa gabor

i'm an excellent housekeeper. Every time i get a divorce, i keep the house.
-- zsa zsa gabor

love is blind and marriage is the institution for the blind.
-- james graham

i don't think i'll get married again. I'll just find a woman i don't like and give her a house.
-- lewis grizzard

marriage is a great institution, but who wants to live in an institution?
-- marx groucho, the film "animal crackers"

wedding is destiny, and hanging likewise.
-- john heywood

it is amazing at how small a price may the wedding ring be placed upon a worthless hand; but, by the beauty of our law, what heaps of gold are indispensable to take it off!
-- douglas jerold, 1858

i don't worry about terrorism. I was married for two years.
-- sam kinison

marriage is a lottery, but you can't tear up your ticket if you lose.
-- f. M. Knowles

many a man in love with a dimple makes the mistake of marrying the whole girl.
-- stephen leacock

i was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.
-- groucho marx

politics doesn't make strange bedfellows, marriage does.
-- groucho marx

there's a way of transferring funds that is even faster than electronic banking. It's called marriage.
-- james holt mcgavran

it doesn't much signify whom one marries, for one is sure to find out next morning it was someone else.
-- rogers

i guess the only way to stop divorce is to stop marriage.
-- will rogers

i think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage. They've experienced pain and bought jewelry.
-- rita rudner

to marry is to halve your rights and double your duties.
-- arthur schopenhauer

never marry for money. Ye'll borrow it cheaper.
-- scottish proverb

marriage: A ceremony in which rings are put on the finger of the lady and through the nose of the gentleman.
-- herbert spencer

marriage is like a deck of cards. In the beginning all you need is two hearts and a diamond. By the end you wish you had a club and a spade.
-- unknown
+1

Divorce sucks, went through it once and hopefully I'll never have to go through it again. I can tell you this though, when it happened, back in 95, I was DEVASTATED. Lost both of my young kids, she pretty much emptied the contents of our house while I was at work, and found out later on she had been cheating with my EX best friend. It was a mess, and I was hurt and depressed. It lasted a good couple years, but I can tell you this. It turned out to be the VERY BEST THING that ever happened to me! I know that's hard to picture now, but if she's as bad as my ex, you'll come to the same conclusion, eventually. I remarried in 2000, fixin' to be 15 years with my 2nd wife, and she is 100 times better than my first wife! Everything worked out for me, and it will for you too, just keep busy and TRY to avoid the drugs and alcohol. It may help a bit at first, but it's definitely the wrong path to take, trust me on this one!!!!

I keep hearing that everyone is much happier after a divorce so I have some hope fellows. I can think of a few pros. I can do what I want, Spend my money on what I want, I don't have to listen to anyone, I don't have to buy anniversary or birthday presents, or have a honey do list. My life, my choices. And I've not had more than two beers a night if I do have a drink. And no drugs cause I need my job so other people can sit at home!

Veteran of the big "D" here as well.

Good advise above, so I only have a couple things to add.

1) The miserable feeling does in fact get better. You will be happy again, you just need to get over the temporary suck.

2) Get a good lawyer....NOW! Look for one that views divorce as a business deal. Your goal is to get out of the whole miserable shit sandwich as cheaply as possible. It is not about who is right or who is wrong or who said what to whom. It is about getting out. There may be things that you give up that just gripe your ass, but you do it because to fight over it, even if you are in the right, is more expensive than conceding.

3) Follow above referenced lawyer's advice diligently and to the letter. You are emotionally wrapped up in this mess, he is not. Every time I tried to be the nice guy and went against my attorney's advice, I got "F'ed".

4) Lastly, do you know why divorce is so expensive?......Because it is worth it....every f'ing penny of it

Thanks for the advice. Going to talk to a lawyer next week. Find out how I can keep all my stuff, and she can keep all of her (including her student load debt).
and 4) :clapping::clapping:

She told me that "She found another guy that made her vagina tingle"... Wha the f*%#?!
Whatever... i told her I was going back to my first love... the VMAX and it how it made my balls tingle.
Brother doesn't have to be a VMAX, any ride will do ya... BEST THERAPY in the world. If you think of anything other than riding, you could be dead.
Good luck with your healing process.
And f*%# her and her "fuzz nuts".

:ummm::ummm: She should probably go see a doctor about that and make sure its not contagious. lol But I've been working every night on the Max to get her going. I'm planning on coming to Thunder as a gift to myself for dealing with all this Bull*&%$. Just have to get her done.

As of yesterday I feel a whole hell of a lot better thanks to all you fellows, having some civil conversations with her and from working through my frustrations on the Vmax. My brother is coming over Saturday to work on our bikes some more, he has a Vstar, and maybe work on my other brothers bike, a 1972? CB 550. I really appreciate all you fellows and your encouragement and even help with getting the bike up and running and on the road ready for Thunder. :punk::punk:

Keep your chin up buddy.
The suck comes and goes like the tide. There will be good days, there will be bad days.

Just make sure you protect yourself legally.

One last tid-bit. If you happen to have any firearms or weapons in the house, get them out of there and into the safe keeping of a trusted friend. Make sure your attorney knows that they are gone, the date you moved them, and who they have been entrusted to. Don't tell your ex.

If things get nasty, accusations of "he waved a gun in my face" can get things sideways right quick. It takes some wind out of her legal sails if you have someone testify under oath that they have had all of your firearms and weapons since XX/XX/XXXX date.

I keep hearing that everyone is much happier after a divorce so I have some hope fellows. I can think of a few pros. I can do what I want, Spend my money on what I want, I don't have to listen to anyone, I don't have to buy anniversary or birthday presents, or have a honey do list. My life, my choices. And I've not had more than two beers a night if I do have a drink. And no drugs cause I need my job so other people can sit at home!

Thanks for the advice. Going to talk to a lawyer next week. Find out how I can keep all my stuff, and she can keep all of her (including her student load debt).
and 4) :clapping::clapping:

:ummm::ummm: She should probably go see a doctor about that and make sure its not contagious. lol But I've been working every night on the Max to get her going. I'm planning on coming to Thunder as a gift to myself for dealing with all this Bull*&%$. Just have to get her done.

As of yesterday I feel a whole hell of a lot better thanks to all you fellows, having some civil conversations with her and from working through my frustrations on the Vmax. My brother is coming over Saturday to work on our bikes some more, he has a Vstar, and maybe work on my other brothers bike, a 1972? CB 550. I really appreciate all you fellows and your encouragement and even help with getting the bike up and running and on the road ready for Thunder. :punk::punk:
You'll be riding before you know it. In the wind without a care. That's why I ride.
Steve

"Live to ride... ride to live"... brother!
And if they don't get it... well dole out... "If I hadda 'splain... you wouldn't understand."

And just a general slide rule for ya... Next woman, better wanna ta be with you and love you for who you are.
SOOOoooo... she better accept the ride coming in the livingroom for the winter with decorations at Christmas!

"Live to ride... ride to live"... brother!
And if they don't get it... well dole out... "If I hadda 'splain... you wouldn't understand."

And just a general slide rule for ya... Next woman, better wanna ta be with you and love you for who you are.
SOOOoooo... she better accept the ride coming in the livingroom for the winter with decorations at Christmas!

Leave it to a Canuck with a picture of beer strapped to his Max!!!:biglaugh:

Liptoss, right on brother!!:punk:

:damn angry: I can't even take this s*#! any more. Guys, when will all the madness stop? Just need this to be over and done with so I don't have to be thinking about it every damn minute of every damn day. :damn angry:

:damn angry: I can't even take this s*#! any more. Guys, when will all the madness stop? Just need this to be over and done with so I don't have to be thinking about it every damn minute of every damn day. :damn angry:

All bad things come to an end, Matt. It's tough going while in the middle of the divorce war. That sigh of relief is one day closer than yesterday. Keep your legal stuff in order, keep your distance from her. Keep conversation civil but short. Ignore the bullshit the best you can.

Yeah, it sucks alright! It's probably better to break all ties with the soon-to-be-ex, or at least limit communication to the bare minimum. My second ex would get digs in every chance she could. I just got sick of it and blocked her emails, texts, and phone calls. It seemed hard at first, but in the long run it was way better.

Hang in there, and feel free to PM me if you ever need to vent. I may not have answers, but I'd be happy to listen.

+1 on the firearms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get them to someone you trust. They can be taken from you for the slightest infraction.
And remember:

I miss my ex---- but my aim is improving..........

Lew

My ex wife hated it when I gave her the silent treatment....she'd keep on yakking and I would just go on about my business, detailing my bike(a black and blue 1985 CB700 Nighthawk S). The last straw for her was when she blurted out, "God, you spend way too much time cleaning that thing....would you stop???" I stopped, looked at her and replied, "Why?? This bike makes me very happy....because you certainly don't!!!"

My question was WHY!!!???To my x never got a answer from her.It was because i was no longer important,Not to her,The worst thing you can do is fail!Don't let your anger get the best of you!Succeed be the best you can,For you and the lil one,Be smart,This is not the end.In court show the judge you tried every compromise possible,I busted my first wife's ass,Believe it or not it helped,for a while.Not saying you should try it.You need to be clean as Kleenex.It's so easy to screw up right now.DON"T.Sex is a half hour of banging bones,It's the other 23 1/2 that matter.You said something about getting lucky with your wife,In a earlier post.Im not that kind of friend.Your just pissed at the whole thing.I know how it hurt's.Time will heal.

Don't let your lawyer compromise YOU for their own convenience. Lawyers get paid good $$. Get your money's worth. They know you want to get this over with and use that against you. Get what you want. She asked for a divorce, let her compromise some. Freedom is waiting for you Matt, and you deserve it.

Thanks everyone. I don't own any guns (yet) so no trouble there. And Steve I can not wait for Freedom. It can't come soon enough. I'm starting to add up all the little bits of crazy I've seen over the years that individually don't add up to much but all together I'm thinking I'm the crazy one for ever proposing to her :ummm:

Meeting with a lawyer next wednesday to get all my eggs lined up to hatch. The Vmax isn't in my name so I'm not worried about her taking that :punk:

Don't let your lawyer compromise YOU for their own convenience. Lawyers get paid good $$. Get your money's worth. They know you want to get this over with and use that against you. Get what you want. She asked for a divorce, let her compromise some. Freedom is waiting for you Matt, and you deserve it.
Steve is right.Some lawyer's don't give a shit,There just there for the $$.I did end up with primary custody,I had to show i had everything covered.Child care job home transportation,Overall good environment for my lil one. Character witnesses helped as well.Adultery partying and getting caught in a lot of lie's sunk my x.She wanted it all,Made no bones about it.Greed and her attitude didn't help her either.These thing's may help you.I had so much to say my lawyer, He told me to write a book. And i did.

Steve is right.Some lawyer's don't give a shit,There just there for the $$.I did end up with primary custody,I had to show i had everything covered.Child care job home transportation,Overall good environment for my lil one. Character witnesses helped as well.Adultery partying and getting caught in a lot of lie's sunk my x.She wanted it all,Made no bones about it.Greed and her attitude didn't help her either.These thing's may help you.I had so much to say my lawyer, He told me to write a book. And i did.

I've been keeping a journal since she told me she was leaving just documenting things in case I need it to get full custody. I still believe she is seeing someone but the only way to prove that is to follow her around and I don't have time for that. Should I call "Cheaters" the tv show? lol I flat out asked her this morning if I could have full custody, that didn't go too well lol

Well do you have friends that can follow her? Do you have access to her cell phone records...maybe hack her email accounts or social media?
Unfortunately it is a divorce. ...and it's all about information.

Latest posts

Back