Any Railroad Worker's Here?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintard

Reaction score
Had an interview with CN railroad, waiting on my background check and all that to go through and a call back.

Anyone here ever worked for or current work for a railroad? The job offered was working on a tie gang. Just curious to see what experienced guys have to say

We have some guys that work for a contractor maintaining the rail way tracks inside our chemical plant.

I think they are what's considered a tie gang but not sure.

Every time I see them at work I thank god I'm not doing their job; they work their freakin' asses off........

i know one guy that actually works for the Railroad here on the gulf Coast and the pay is pretty decent; his base is around $70,000...and the benefits are extremely good, as well as they aren't in the Social Security system and have their own retirement plan outside of SS like teachers and such.....

The only thing he doesn't like about it is EVERYTHING is done by seniority, he get's the shifts and runs no one else wants and his work schedule is very unpredictable.......he never knows when he is going to be off or working until the very last minute.....

My dad worked for BN for 32 years, he was very happy to retire! Great pay,benifits and retirement plan, but he was sick of riding that train.

I don't know what a tie gang is.

Back