What is your job title

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gasoline /diesel technician, and shop foreman , for Rays commercial center .:punk:

Self employed flight instructor. Student pilots try to kill me or destroy my airplane on a daily basis.

I'm also a part time charter pilot.

I used to be an engineer... and still pretend to be. I am technically an Account Manager (sales guy) and work for a design engineering company. 70% of our business is designing basically anything on heavy equipment (Mining, Construction, Ag, etc.). The other 20% is with aerospace/defence work, and a little automotive. We design everything with 3D CAD software and have the capabilities to perform part and system analysis and are able to create some prototypes. Our company is headquartered in Peoria, IL so Caterpillar is our biggest customer. I'm attaching a few screen shots of various designs we have created so you can kind of get an idea of what we do, and there is one of me and a D11 dozer that was taken quite a few years ago while I was working at Cat helping them design engines for their D5 and D6 dozers.

Attachments

• engine.JPG
    engine.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 43
  • engine2.JPG
    engine2.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 40
  • engine3.JPG
    engine3.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 32
  • D11me.jpg
    D11me.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 62
I currently work for a propane equipment distributer. I mainly do shipping and receiving most of the time. But I also dabble in customer service, and propane conversions for vehicles. Before that I was a computer tech for Gateway, Dell, Compaq and SBC Internet Service. Before that I partied my ass off for a year. Before that, I was a US Paratrooper. Before that I worked for the same Propane Equipment Dist. I'm working for now.
But I'm giving up working for others and taking over my father's trucking business come this July.

"I currently work for a propane equipment distributer. I mainly do shipping and receiving most of the time. But I also dabble in customer service, and propane conversions for vehicles."

Rob...ironically, me n' the OL were discussing a possible propane conversion for her car ('98 Suzuki Esteem) just yesterday evening...the price of gas going through the roof, might truely merit converting it... If you'd pm me a phone # where you can be reached, I'd like to talk with you about what it entails to do it...

Thanks Bud...

Philthy

I'm a market analyst for a large P&C carrier. I'm responsible for the southeast area in researching, monitoring, and trending market penetration, demographics, legislation, regulation, economics, and so on. I then develop marketing strategies and advertising campaigns to sell insurance products and financial services in the areas that I've identified as growth opportunities. It's a cool job because right now I'm working on our motorcycle growth strategy for the southeast through sponsorships, donations, and event participation. Hey, someone has to do it :eusa_dance:

Web Master for www.sjsmith.com which is my families business. I started at the absolute bottom painting cylinders and raking the gravel lot and sweeping then moved onto working the dock then to a year in the warehouse, then 5 years in the service department, 3 years in customer service, then outside sales and now Web Master. 14 years full time so far but I started here when I was 13. I'm 34 now.

I am working on adding content as all we have is safety right now... :biglaugh:

Web Master for www.sjsmith.com which is my families business. I started at the absolute bottom painting cylinders and raking the gravel lot and sweeping then moved onto working the dock then to a year in the warehouse, then 5 years in the service department, 3 years in customer service, then outside sales and now Web Master. 14 years full time so far but I started here when I was 13. I'm 34 now.

I am working on adding content as all we have is safety right now... :biglaugh:

Nice. Looks like a .NET site to me. Do you do the design and programming both?

High School Metal Shop Teacher. Took a 10 year break and was the metals lead at a large sign company. I teach our countrys wonderful youth general shop safety, sheet metal( mostly duct connections); Welding ( OAW, OAC, SMAW, GMAW, GTAW); And machining( Lathe and Mill operations).
Mostly though I try to teach hormone addeled teens how to be on time, be to class daily, be respectful and read simple measuring equipement.
And I do love my job.
Lew

High School Metal Shop Teacher. Took a 10 year break and was the metals lead at a large sign company. I teach our countrys wonderful youth general shop safety, sheet metal( mostly duct connections); Welding ( OAW, OAC, SMAW, GMAW, GTAW); And machining( Lathe and Mill operations).
Mostly though I try to teach hormone addeled teens how to be on time, be to class daily, be respectful and read simple measuring equipement.
And I do love my job.
Lew

awsome lew, my shop teacher used to love me but picked on me all the time. He called all my projects ashtrays

I USED TO BE A ELECTRICIAN, NOW IM A HIGH SCHOOL HISTORY TEACHER. I PRESENTLY MAKE HALF WHAT I DID AS A SPARKY, WORK ABOUT 15 HOURS A WEEK MORE, AND HAVE ABOUT TEN TIMES THE STRESS. AND THOSE SUMMERS OFF WE LAZY ASSED TEACHERS HAVE ARE NOW SPENT WITH ME SPENDING TH0USANDS OF DOLLARS TAKING CLASSES. THE STUPID BUSH CRAP... NO CHILD LEFT BEHIND HAS SO WRECKED EDUCATION,, i VOTED FOR HIM TWICE TOO. PLEASE KICK MY ASS AT YOUR EARLIEST OPPPOTUNITY1`

I am the head autoelectrician in a small auto repair workshop.I have 4 apprentices and 1 tradesman that I look after.I work on cars,trucks,buses,generators,plant hire and I have a boat/motorcycle electrics business on the weekends/spare time which keeps me sane.

I am currently working for Ignitioninterlock.org here in NE as an install tech/paper pusher. People get nailed drinking and driving and the court orders a breathalyzer as part of their probation. I install the units and keep track of reports for probation depts.Prior to this I was a automotive tech/ shop manager for 10 years or so. Most days I love my job. I work alone which gets mildly annoying. There has been talk of getting me an assistant but hell then what would I do?? LOL

The owner of this company has got the right idea... He looks out for his employees and doesn't try to screw the customer. I hope to work for this place till I drop.

Frank

I own a Kenpo Karate School I teach from 2pm to 9pm. I also do graphic design and write web pages.

And vitek I am jealous I love Photography and Flying

Mike W.

Latest posts

Back