What is the Best Mod Ever on a Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seat is good, very very good. I think it's probably the most important one. I've been in a tossing jumble with this thought. Blax will chime in and say cops, which I think is another great mod, but I guess it depends on what you personally feel is the best. I thinks they all are great mods. From the bigger tires, led blinkers, apex battery, upgraded r/r, cops, tail light mod, seat, k&n filters, heavy duty one way, list goes on and they are all pretty great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't usually ride long distances and I like power more then anything else SO,
FULL HEADER followed closely by Busa Brake Upgrade

jdeitz I love the way you think but I'm with Sean on this one --Full header then Cops. Also the maxgasser.There are some more I am very fond of but not gonna share.

There are a lot to pick from.....and I guess that it depends on what your going for.

The 6 pot calipers are amazing, and those come in use everyday. The full header exhaust lays the groundwork for more hp, and is the foundation that a lot of other things are built on. The ignitech is amazing as well.

There are too many to pick from.

Biggest confidence-booster for spirited riding is radial tires and better brakes, though I never was fond of the stock headlight as it just doesn't do the job at night, so a better light in front. 1 2,3.

The Vmax was designed as a hot rod, so in that mind set the best mod would be the one that increases power. I'll go with a free flowing exhaust system/headers. That will fix the crippling effect Yamaha put into the stock exhaust due to noise limits.

Now if someone comes up with a full fuel injection system as a bolt on retrofit, I may bump that up to the top.

Anything that makes your Max more special to you. For me it was the Cobra slash cuts. I know the rob power but they look good and sound awesome.

I would have to agree with Sean, Traumahawk, and others and say that the header will give you so much to build on. I would love to take advantage of that mod. Now, this being said, my wife is looking over my shoulder and saying "Backrest, definitely the backrest"! Does this count since the driver never gets to enjoy it, LOL?:ummm:

Must do, have to have mods for me

1. Seat- If I could do only 1 thing to my max, ever....it would be the seat. I can't handle the stocker

2. Fork Springs- best bang for your buck

Exhaust, Jet Kit, Solid motor mounts, braced swingarm, radials, USD forks, gauges, etc..... All are great mods but, none of it is really NEEDED. They are things I wanted.

The Vmax was designed as a hot rod, so in that mind set the best mod would be the one that increases power. I'll go with a free flowing exhaust system/headers. That will fix the crippling effect Yamaha put into the stock exhaust due to noise limits.

Now if someone comes up with a full fuel injection system as a bolt on retrofit, I may bump that up to the top.

I know where you can get one if you are interested.

Latest posts

Back