What is the Best Mod Ever on a Vmax?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Vmax was designed as a hot rod, so in that mind set the best mod would be the one that increases power. I'll go with a free flowing exhaust system/headers. That will fix the crippling effect Yamaha put into the stock exhaust due to noise limits.

Now if someone comes up with a full fuel injection system as a bolt on retrofit, I may bump that up to the top.

Get in touch with Hans Jörg Niepoth

With that stock seat, my riding would be limited. It's number 1 need for me. Most of my wants have been added too. Early gen 1's were weak in the brake and fork areas.

For me:
1. Seat - I could only ride 50 miles or so on the stock seat before my legs and A$$ went numb, now I can ride for hours without issue.

2. Shinko TM 230 rear tire and Bridgestone Battlax BT-45V tire combo - that's the best combo I have ver used and I can easily stay with or even in front of most guys that have radials.

3. Progressive Fork Springs - The difference from stock is Amazing. No more brake dive, now I can actually tell what's in my mirrors at highway speeds and they tighten up great in the twisties.

4. Frame Braces - Again the difference in stability in the twisties is Amazing !!!

I would have to agree with Sean, Traumahawk, and others and say that the header will give you so much to build on. I would love to take advantage of that mod. Now, this being said, my wife is looking over my shoulder and saying "Backrest, definitely the backrest"! Does this count since the driver never gets to enjoy it, LOL?:ummm:

The weight loss is substantial with a full system. Of course the little lady on the back negates that. It reminds me of the time I lightened up my bike by 125 lbs, in one day.
Steve-o

The weight loss is substantial with a full system. Of course the little lady on the back negates that. It reminds me of the time I lightened up my bike by 125 lbs, in one day.
Steve-o
My girlfriend said she lost 10 pounds last week and I said "If you look behind you you will find it.":rofl_200:

Steve-o

Well losing 125 off of the bike should help with the gas mileage as well.....:biglaugh:

It does Bro, a loss in traction but my sanity intact...lol

I understand. After the last divorce I picked up the 07 Vmax 2 months later. While I'm gone at work, its at home, locked up in the garage, I know that no one else is riding it. I couldn't say that about the X-wife.

Wife says to the husband, "I'm thinking about breast augmentation, wouldn't you like me with bigger boobs?"

Husband replies, "surgery's gonna cost you $5K, at-least. Why don't you just rub your boobs with toilet paper?"

Wife asks, "why? What's that gonna do to enlarge my breasts?"

Husband responds, "well, it worked for your butt!"

My girlfriend said she lost 10 pounds last week and I said "If you look behind you you will find it.":rofl_200:

I know there are a few different options for a new seats, there are different people who modify the seats, As far as I know they all do a great job. I know Sean's seat person does a good job, I have heard that the maxgasser is highly recommended and people who get it done are very happy. Although the guy who does ( did ) the maxgasser & I have had disagreements due to misunderstandings I would be open to trying his seat if they are made to fit a Gen 2.

The only true way to figure out which seat is best for each person is to try them. One seat mod might be great for one guy and might suck for another guy. I am trying to mead all the bridges I burnt and I know it won't be easy. If I do I would be willing to buy a

maxgasser if they ever start making them again and are available for the Gen 2,

I might also buy a Corbin, I saw that Corbin makes a seat that is the same shape as the stock seat, I just saw it last night. I am the type of person who would buy 3 different seats and try each one . I try to pickup used seats so if I need to send in a core seat I will have one to send in. I don't want to alter my stock seat.

I do things different than others and that might be the reason why I am misunderstood at times.

I often wondered if someone who does seat mods might integrate the Airhawk into a seat. I am sure that it is easier said that done but it might be a great option.

That's about all I know about seats and I hope I have settled any misunderstandings with the guys who do the seat mods.

I've never done the COPS, I'm not even sure if it is a Gen 1 or Gen 2 Mod or for both. I never tried it so I don't even know what the COPS is, If there is a link that explains the COPS I would like to read about it.

Last edited:
I know there are a few different options for a new seats, there are different people who modify the seats, As far as I know they all do a great jobs. I know Sean's seat person does a good job, I have heard that the maxgasser is highly recommended and people who get it done are very happy. Although the guy who does ( did ) the maxgasser & I have had disagreements due to misunderstandings I would be open to trying his seat if they are made to fit a Gen 2.

The only true way to figure out which seat is best for each person is to try them. One seat mod might be great for one guy and might suck for another guy. I am trying to mead all the bridges I burnt and I know it won't be easy. If I do I would be willing to buy a

I might also buy a Corbin, I saw that Corbin makes a seat that is the same shape as the stock seat, I just saw it last night. I am the type of person who would buy 3 different seats and try each one . I try to pickup used seats so if I need to send in a core seat I will have one to send in. I don't want to alter my stock seat.

I do things different than others and that might be the reason why I am misunderstood at times.

I often wondered if someone who does seat mods might integrate the Airhawk into a seat. I am sure that it is easier said that done but it might be a great option.

That's about all I know about seats and I hope I have settled any misunderstandings with the guys who do the seat mods.

I've never done the COPS, I'm not even sure if it is a Gen 1 or Gen 2 Mod or for both. I never tried it so I don't even know what the COPS is, If there is a link that explains the COPS I would like to read about it.
The first 17 of 184 pages should help.One thing most do not know is that they hold a charge 90 seconds after the bike is turned off and if you unplug one during that time get ready have your hair stand on ends.
http://www.denso-am.eu/media/102385/dems14-0001.pdf

COPS stand for Coil On Plugs. Add on COPS is STRICTLY a gen 1 thing. The Gen 2 Vmax has them standard.

I know there are a few different options for a new seats, there are different people who modify the seats, As far as I know they all do a great jobs. I know Sean's seat person does a good job, I have heard that the maxgasser is highly recommended and people who get it done are very happy. Although the guy who does ( did ) the maxgasser & I have had disagreements due to misunderstandings I would be open to trying his seat if they are made to fit a Gen 2.

Dude, I found the deck of cards you lost and also your phone....

Attachments

• LargeCards.jpg
    LargeCards.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 37
  • LargeNumberPhone.jpg
    LargeNumberPhone.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 34
I'm afraid you may have to spell that out for him, they are for the visually impaired!!! I mean blind!! F--s sale, I mean can't see

Looks like he's not playing with a FULL deck.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 19

Latest posts

Back