Closed 2 weeks

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MtnMax/Magniac

Reaction score
Sometimes we all need a break.
Cycle-istiC will be closing at 5:00 PM on Friday 7/20/12, and will be back at 8:00 AM on Monday, 8/5/12. In the meantime, please contact www.V4Market or www.CarbJetKits for our products. Sorry for the inconvenience, and Thanks for your patience.

It'll be me on my bike, wife on her trike, 2 gold wings and a Boulevard. One of the GW riders' wife will bring a "support truck". She doesn't ride, but likes the trips.
We are starting from NorCal, will ride across Nevada into So Utah, drop briefly down into No AZ, then across So CO, to Colorado Springs. We will ride to the top of Pikes Peak while there. On the way back we will cross many passes, winding our way through central Colorado, staying on 2-lane mountain roads south of I-70. The trip will take between 12 & 14 days, depending on things we decide to do or see on the way. Should be a nice break from the grind.

It'll be me on my bike, wife on her trike, 2 gold wings and a Boulevard. One of the GW riders' wife will bring a "support truck". She doesn't ride, but likes the trips.
We are starting from NorCal, will ride across Nevada into So Utah, drop briefly down into No AZ, then across So CO, to Colorado Springs. We will ride to the top of Pikes Peak while there. On the way back we will cross many passes, winding our way through central Colorado, staying on 2-lane mountain roads south of I-70. The trip will take between 12 & 14 days, depending on things we decide to do or see on the way. Should be a nice break from the grind.

Damn, that does sound nice! lol

If you get down into sedona feel fre to drop me a message if you plan to stop for awhile. can let you know some decent places to hang out. :biglaugh:

We're back, and it was great, although I'm not sure "relaxing" is an accurate term. We only averaged about 275 miles/day, but we saw some of the most varied country along the way, and made some great stops.
We got a tour of the rocket-sled test site in Hurricane, UT, where they test ejection seats among other things. The rocket-powered sleds run along a 2-mile course of rails, reaching speeds in excess of Mach 1 in less than half the course.
We made a brief stop in Colorado City, AZ, where polygamy is the norm. We went through Monument Valley in Utah, over Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado, and spent an afternoon in Cripple Creek, where I bought an obligatory tee shirt. We rode to the top of Pikes Peak, and I found a hat/shirt combo I couldn't resist:

I LIKE IT ON TOP
Pikes Peak, CO elev 14,110 ft

On the return, we rode over Independence Pass, stopped in Aspen, had lunch in Carbondale, where they had a historic festival in progress, and went to Black Canyon of the Gunnison. We went over the Dallas Divide, and spent an afternoon in Telluride, which was a boom mining town which almost disappeared after the boom, but which has had a tremendous resurgence from tourism and skiing.

We rode through two thunderstorms, both in Utah, sat out part of one of them under an overpass after Val hydroplaned on her trike. The front wheel stayed planted, but the rear end swung from the 4 o'clock to the 8 o'clock position and back, so we decidede to wait it out. All in all, it was a great time, and I'm really glad we did it. Now if I can just get rested a bit . . .

Latest posts

Back