Stepping away from the bikes

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the axles should hold up but what about the diff? I haven't seen you mention what under there.

Saying diff makes me think of Miles Long. He always says the vmax doesn't have a diff. It's a final drive. Haven't heard from him in awhile.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It has a 12 bolt positrac & pretty sure it has a spool

Pop the cover off and take a peek, if you do have a spool, that setup should take all the abuse you can dish out!........Ran a spool and Moser axles in the 8 3/4 in my old Dodge, ended the numerous problems I had with the old factory carrier..............Tom.

Well this stock motor was killing me so I am doing basically a top end on it to get some power. I ordered a new set of Aluminum heads 64cc with 190 cc intake runners & 205 intake & 160 exhaust valves. I have been looking at camshaft profiles & intake profiles trying to determine which one's I want. I am also changing the torque convertor gonna go with a 1500 to 2800 stall. I think this will wake the little truck up a bit.

So much for the top end kit. I am picking up a 383 short block tomorrow & all my new parts will be going on it. I am still keeping it mild but it should make the little truck scoot pretty good.

Latest posts

Back