33rd season about done..

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Seward

Reaction score
We had a so-so summer weather wise, but a great September and October. November is knocking on the door, snow is in the forecast... Time to put Godzilla away for the winter. I'll keep the Roadstar in the garage for the days it may be rideable over winter. We got out for decent rides in every month last winter, so it's been a 20 month run so far.. Never rode that many months in a row before. Maybe I can ride the winter months this year and keep the streak alive..

There are a couple motorcycle scavenger hunt groups on Facebook.

Someone posts a challenge - like, your bike in front of a cop car - and the first person to snap the picture posts the next challenge. Its fun and there's always a 'reason' to ride and because of it, I've ridden every month of the year the last 2 years running. Even if they were short, FREEZING cold rides....and even if I was shoveling the snow out of my alley to get the bike to the street. Feels good! Happy trails, Bill!

I think I might be done for the year with mine as well. Was hoping to hit one more track day, but they cancelled this weekend and it is supposed to drop to 28 degrees here tomorrow.

Going to pull my engine, put all new gaskets and seals on it then have it blasted and painted.

As much as I can't stand the weather around here it does allow for year round riding which I enjoy except for the odd week or two of snow.

This is the first cool spell of the fall. Good riding weather. I just put a set of bias ply Shinkos on a 'Max I've been going through. The first time I rode w/them, the weather was raining, and I thought they did OK. I got them from Cycle Gear for a good price, but they wanted 60% of the two stock size tires' cost to mount them to the off-the-bike wheels. No, thanks!

Latest posts

Back