carburator bungs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THMAX98

Reaction score
I did the ultimate sin and bought a Vulcan and didn't ride THMAX for a few years , now that ive seen the light again and sold the Vulcan ive found that the carbs need a bit of a birthday,to clean out the jets ive had to remove the 2 rubber bungs ,now these bungs have gone as hard as and basically now wouldn't bung a chickens bum hole,i know I can buy new ones but by the time you do the exchange rate and postage they work out to be around $11 each x 8 ,does anybody have a secret to making the bungs soft again or an aftermarket bung that would work

Wintergreen oil/rubbing alcohol bath, lots of google worthy things about rubber rejuvenation but this is the one I used. I wouldn't say perfect but a whole lot better than before.

Wintergreen oil/rubbing alcohol bath, lots of google worthy things about rubber rejuvenation but this is the one I used. I wouldn't say perfect but a whole lot better than before.

+1, also loosen up the clamps as far as you can, and spray a bit of WD-40 (or the equivalent) to help the carbs slide down.

I did the ultimate sin and bought a Vulcan and didn't ride THMAX for a few years , now that ive seen the light again and sold the Vulcan ive found that the carbs need a bit of a birthday,to clean out the jets ive had to remove the 2 rubber bungs ,now these bungs have gone as hard as and basically now wouldn't bung a chickens bum hole,i know I can buy new ones but by the time you do the exchange rate and postage they work out to be around $11 each x 8 ,does anybody have a secret to making the bungs soft again or an aftermarket bung that would work

No problem I can send you a set of new jet block plugs. Four large and four small. They are not stock but are the correct fuel resistant rubber and work great. Pm me, Ted...

Latest posts

Back