CBR Taillight

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

banff_springs

Reaction score
After discussion, and some encouragement from Scott Rollins from the VMAX Forums FB Page, I finally decided to do the CBR taillight Mod. Looks sharp, looks stock and have received numerous compliments. Mod wasn't exactly as per the PDF guide that is floating around. Mind you, I had tools and space to do this project. Had forgotten that new taillight was a HONDA part and not a YAMAHA part therefore, wire colours didn't/wouldn't match up directly. Small issue, all fixed. Find attached the finished product. COP's is going to be my next project, wish me luck.

Attachments

• CBR Mod.jpg
    CBR Mod.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 153
Looks good !!!
I'd recommend a brake light in place of the rear reflector for better daytime visibility though.
The CBR light is Not very visible during the day IMO.

You can buy an LED marker light from Wal-Mart that fits there Or talk to Sean Morley, he sells them too.

Last edited:
I had sean do one for me. Turned out very well. I ripped off 2 cbr tail lights riding 2 up and hitting pot holes. Potholes are bad in michigan.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

We have potholes as well but, avoidable. Sean's busy so he's selling me the parts at a reduced rate and I'll assemble it. Appears pretty simple and straightforward.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Hello, I'm very interested in doing this to my '06 vmax. What year of cbr tailight did you use and how did you install it. Please let me know. Thanks, Jamie.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I've got a cbr tail light sitting here that hasn't been touched... Pm me if you're interested. It's the smoke lense version.

Hello, I'm very interested in doing this to my '06 vmax. What year of cbr tailight did you use and how did you install it. Please let me know. Thanks, Jamie.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I installed a 2003 thru 2006 Honda CBR 600/1000 RR Smoke Tail Light with LED Turn Signals from 2wheelproject off eBay. It does require some fabrication and electrical skill attached to it. I did it in an afternoon however, had the tools readily available and moderate amount of skill when it comes to fabrication and electrical wiring. It's quite sharp-looking. With that being said, I have lost one light due to some hard bumps and have since had to replace the light. I'm a much more careful driver now because of that. Might have been a manufacturing defect however, I did use a light from another bike on my VMAX. I'd still do it again if I had to.

Latest posts

Back