Fuel pump inlet/outlet help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TB99Max

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question so go easy on me please. I pulled the carbs to tear apart and clean and I also replaced the fuel filter, took the tank out to clean it, and took the fuel pump out to make sure everything was good with it. Now my fuel pump has no suction! I pulled the line off of the fuel filter and put my finger over it and nothing. Also, the fuel filter is empty (obviously). I'm wondering if when I put my fuel filter back together if I put that black plastic piece in wrong, or does it matter? Also the suction and discharge nozzles might not have been put back exactly in the same position. I'm pretty sure they are..... when I get home tonight I'll pull it and double check for the little pesky diaphragm. Can someone post pictures of how the black plastic thing goes in or tell me where I can find a diagram. Thanks!

Did you take apart the fuel pump? If not, then it should only mount one way. It has a 5/16" inlet and 1/4" outlet. I had to fill my fuel filter before my pump would make vacuum one of the first times I had my whole fuel system apart. Try that.

Probably a dumb question so go easy on me please. I pulled the carbs to tear apart and clean and I also replaced the fuel filter, took the tank out to clean it, and took the fuel pump out to make sure everything was good with it. Now my fuel pump has no suction! I pulled the line off of the fuel filter and put my finger over it and nothing. Also, the fuel filter is empty (obviously). I'm wondering if when I put my fuel filter back together if I put that black plastic piece in wrong, or does it matter? Also the suction and discharge nozzles might not have been put back exactly in the same position. I'm pretty sure they are..... when I get home tonight I'll pull it and double check for the little pesky diaphragm. Can someone post pictures of how the black plastic thing goes in or tell me where I can find a diagram. Thanks!

This should do it----
http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=8775

Yes I took the fuel pump apart. I will try filling the fuel filter and see if that'll work. I've changed the fuel filter before and never had to. As for the inlet and outlet I'm 99% sure I have it right because of the way they are angled, but just wanted to double check with you guys here. I won't be home until 730pm (Ca time) so I don't know if I'll get to it tonight. I'll post what happens.
Thanks again

Pull the cap and check the rubber nipples again. The rubber gasket should have a print of the plastic housing on it. It'll line up. Prime the system, and start with a higher fuel level in the tank so it's sucking against a full feed tube. If it still doesn't work, make a video.

I will try that, thanks. I was to tired last night.... up at 330am and not home until 8pm sucks! I got 6 more days of work but hopefully I'll get to it before then.

Latest posts

Back