Carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angus

Reaction score
Yesterday I installed a Shift light when I removed the air box there were 4 plastic tubes one for each carb are all Vmaxes like that or did someone add something and it has a K&N filter

I'm guessing you are referring to the 4 rubber tubes which plug into a little L bracket on each side of the airbox, and that you have a 'drop-in' K&N filter, oval in shape? Then the only thing you have different is the K&N. Nothing to worry-about, ride and enjoy.

Be aware that if you use the shift light, and miss a few 1-2 shifts, tou are on your way to the dreaded "second-gear sickness" that these bikes develop. The gear dogs get their corners rounded-off, and the bike will begin to jump-out of gear on the 1-2 shift if you 'give it the berries.' At that point, there is no 'magic oil additive for positive shifting.' You are facing splitting the cases to replace gearbox components. Might as-well undercut the tranny while it's apart.

If your "rubber" ones feel like "plastic" i would suggest wintergreen oil-Soaking them in hot water and wintergreen oil mixed will soften them up. Careful with it don't ingest.

Might want to grab a quick picture just in case. I've seen some other stuff done that is not stock like a "Dial-A-Jet" kit which has black hoses running to the carbs.

Latest posts

Back