Which battery charger?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eoggy

Reaction score
Evening all!

I am going to invest in a new battery charger for 'Brutus'. But i am dithering between an optimate 4 or Ctek msx 5.0.

Both have the facility of leaving the terminal cable attached to the batteries and both have appear to have trickle charge...

So the question is, do you guys have any preferences between to two or is it a case of "eeny meany miney mo" come purchase time?

At the moment i am using a charger from lidl, it does the job but only has the clamps and not the terminal connectors.

Thanks for your opinions...

Eoghan

I'd say optimate because it has an SAE connector, which comes in handy for running lots of other stuff you might want. I think the Ctek has a proprietary connector of some sort, maybe.

Evening all!

I am going to invest in a new battery charger for 'Brutus'. But i am dithering between an optimate 4 or Ctek msx 5.0.

Both have the facility of leaving the terminal cable attached to the batteries and both have appear to have trickle charge...

So the question is, do you guys have any preferences between to two or is it a case of "eeny meany miney mo" come purchase time?

At the moment i am using a charger from lidl, it does the job but only has the clamps and not the terminal connectors.

Thanks for your opinions...

Eoghan
I have a Battery Tender Junior nothing fancy but it works great

I use a small boat charger from WalMart (BOATING SECTION) to bring the batteries up once a week the day before I ride them. I have RC Car connectors on all the bikes so it can be moved. A battery charger/tender that holds a 12.12 volt charge continuously on my Dodge Show Truck and an automatic charger on the other vehicles as needed (Sears Brand).

Battery tender Junior here. I added a cigar lighter socket to both the Max and the Roadstar, and charge both bikes through them. Also the lighter sockets are handy for charging phones, etc..

Don't think it matters too much pending you don't have one of those fancy lithium batteries.

I have a cheap ass black and Decker unit that the PO gave me and although it feels like a cheap POS, it functions fine and is 11 years old.

I like having a SAE connector. I plug a SAE to USB cord in and can charge my phone as I ride.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Back