*^%$&*((^$!!!!!--gas cap..!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You'd be totally amazed at the kind of nasty shit that will grow in gasoline.. You probably need to use some sand and small rocks to clean up the tank, Shake the Hell out of it, then coat it inside. Sounds really bad....:bang head: PITA...

Im always taking couple of glass bottles, mostly from beer.
Big hammer is taking care of them :biglaugh:

Tank filled with glass and some diesel.
Im wraping the tank around with something like old blanket and
Im placing the tank into big concrete mixer.

After 2 hours I have tank clean like a mirror :)

one word-- evaporust

works like a charm

who make a non-locking gas cap for the vmax??

If someone does, I've never heard of it. I've noticed mine will tend to get sticky every so often, having to push/jiggle it a bit for it to release. I just put a couple drops of WD40 in the keyhole and the couple holes underneath, it's good for a while longer. I'm sure the gas sloshing around wears if off in time.

I don't know if bacteria can grow in gas, but I know if definitely can in diesel. Some sort of nasty moldy thing that plugs up filters and injectors. There's special "enzyme" additives that prevent growth of it.

I never got a picture of it, but I got some 40 year old gas out of a small outboard that had been in storage for just as long. It was black as coffee and the varnish smell about made me heave it was so strong. Had little flecks of rust and dirt and other crap in there. The old school lead element fuel filter was totally plugged, and on the old outboards it was part of the petcock, so you just have to break it off and put a small inline between the tank and carb.

I know this a old thread but was it serious when someone said use a torch? On a gas cap? Really? WTF?

Immersing the tank neck in solvent will cut the gum and allow you to remove the cap normally, if it's so gummed-up that the detents won't retract when you try the key, but you have to remove the tank to do that. Saves buying a new tank, however.

Latest posts

Back