Adding 2-Stroke oil to Fuel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalbo

Reaction score
I read somewhere, (maybe on here?) that someone suggested adding a very small amount of 2-Stroke oil to a full tank of fuel, as an additive.
The suggested benefit was that it helped to lubricate and would help to soften and prevent perishing of the of rubber parts (fuel lines/diaphragms) in the carburetors.
I decided to try this and have recently been adding one 'cap full' of 2-Stroke oil to each full tank. I haven't noticed any difference to the running of the bike, which starts and runs great and I haven't noticed any smoke. A friend tells me that the amount of oil I am adding is insignificant and that it will make absolutely no difference?
Does anybody else do this, or am I wasting my time and should I stop doing it?

A cap full is less than an ounce.
Your tank has over 500 ounces of fuel.
I personally don't see how it could make a difference good or bad. I have no scientific data to back that up, just an opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I keep STA-BIL in my Non Ethanol Gas to fill all the bikes. Saves a lot of trips to the gas station as I store 30 gallons. Works as fuel for the generator too.

IF I was gonna add anything to gasoline, it would be Marvel mystery oil, (for the bike.....not for storing fuel) but the REAL problem with the fuel eating fuel lines, and causing other issues, is due to the ethanol thats added. If you can, get fuel with no ethanol.

Every spring, I get a can of Seafoam and dump half the can into each bike then fill the tanks completely. The bikes are then ridden for a few hours, and topped up. So far, I've had no real problems with the carbs, knock on wood... The worst that happened over the years was the fuel lines disintegrating and messing up the float needles. New lines, fuel filter, and draining the bowls stopped the leaks.

I've heard Berrymans B12 works great, and is cheaper than Seafoam. Last season, I used it, and was very satisfied. You don't need as much, so I added it to the Kia Rio and Soul. Everything runs fine, so this year, I'm gonna use Berrymans. Just don't get it on your paint.

Ive been using Seafoam too, just a couple capfulls every other tank or whenever Ive had to use ethanol. Unfortunately with the Vmax's impaired range sometimes ya gotta put in whats available.

Maybe I'll try some B12 this year too.

Ive been using Seafoam too, just a couple capfulls every other tank or whenever Ive had to use ethanol. Unfortunately with the Vmax's impaired range sometimes ya gotta put in whats available.

Maybe I'll try some B12 this year too.

If your looking for a GREAT carb cleaner, try BG-44. Works VERY well. You can only get it online or at mechanics shops. Any more than 3-4 ounces to a full tank, and it WILL eat stuff.

Most people I know of will put it into the tank at the beginning of the riding season to help clean out any sediment.

I should clarify... The Seafoam didn't eat up the fuel lines.. Age and ethanol got them.

+1 for BG44. It's expensive, but the stuff works wonders in bikes and cars. Lucas is decent too, but BG44 is better by far. I run the stuff through my max and all of my cars.

Back