Power difference between 96 and 98 models

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V-Maximus-98

Reaction score
So, what makes this so? Looking at the 1996 models, they came with 140 hp rating. That's a huge, I said huge, difference from the below 100 hp of the 1998 models. Where did they hide it? Airbox? Heads? Exhaust?

So, what makes this so? Looking at the 1996 models, they came with 140 hp rating. That's a huge, I said huge, difference from the below 100 hp of the 1998 models. Where did they hide it? Airbox? Heads? Exhaust?

I think one measurement would be at the crank and the other at the rear wheel. The shaft drive eats more hp than a chain. Other than that there was a Euro version restricted to 95hp IIRC, it had no Vboost. Aside from this they all had similar power through the production run. Mine is a 99 and it is no doubt full power.

I think one measurement would be at the crank and the other at the rear wheel. The shaft drive eats more hp than a chain. Other than that there was a Euro version restricted to 95hp IIRC, it had no Vboost. Aside from this they all had similar power through the production run. Mine is a 99 and it is no doubt full power.

Good to know. I suppose it's safe to say mine is not a European version then. Thanks for theclarification .

Weirdo question...

If I hook up two batteries to my automatic battery charger, do I go parallel? I know it might read the voltage of the batery that charges up first but it will trickle into the other one eventually, no?

12v batteries in parallel are still 12v, in series two would be 24v.

I have never tried to charge bike batteries more than one at a time but I cant see why it wouldnt work. YMMV.

12v batteries in parallel are still 12v, in series two would be 24v.

I have never tried to charge bike batteries more than one at a time but I cant see why it wouldnt work. YMMV.

That'swhat I was thinking. Reason I ask is because I ended up with one extra bike battery and am using it for some remote lighting. Barn is about 70ft from the house. Works pretty good but needs charge after 2 weeks. I'll be getting a large solar panel. Already have the charge controller.
https://youtu.be/oDyzNOoz17Q

I have often charged several batteries of different sizes and types {wet cell and gell cell} at the same time in parallel with no issues.

Back