What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Put on a new rear tire and soldered a loose probe wire (internal) on my fuel sending unit. Should have checked before I ordered a replacement. Reserve fuel system works like it should now. Mounted a spare fuel canister just in case.

Put on the new bar end mirrors, and the clock & thermometer.

Attachments

• 20170325_141141.jpg
    20170325_141141.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 32
Finished up new lighting. No longer a part of the lollipop guild thanks to Morelys!
823bf6e8c983a2c4ab1bb908f27f0266.jpg

813996e6e802d4b745785615bfa3f82e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Got my wheels, sissy bar and scoops back from the PC guy. Put the sissy bar and scoops back on. I have some new bearings heading to me before I can put new shoes back on her. Coming along nicely!

Sissy bar before and after PC
sissy01.jpg

sissy02.jpg

The scoops
scoops01.jpg

scoops02.jpg

I'm REAL happy with the wheels, the back one especially was in bad shape, now it's gorgeous! The pics don't do the wheels justice.
wheels01.jpg

wheels02.jpg

wheels03.jpg

wheels04.jpg

wheels05.jpg

More to come as I get the fenders and tank back from CaptainKyle and the Delkevic exhaust gets installed.

Flushed the old coolant out with vinegar mixed with demineralized water and then with distilled water only. Each time running the bike untill the fan came on.

The orange cord wss to keep the revs up while I was doing other things.

Refilled with engine ice coolant shipped from UK to Sweden.

Time will tell if it runs cooler.

Greetings from Sweden in Europe

7462487f8bc125a9e9ba497657130677.jpg

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk

The headlight is an MT03, and the bulb might be an mt7?

Today I installed black superbike bars, and bar end mirrors from Morleys, and new gel grips. I loved the pro grips that came on it, but they didn't want to come off the stock bars.

I love the new look....but now I can see that I need to take a load of parts in for black powdercoating. It's never ending..in kind of a good way.

Oh if anyone needs stock bars, signals, headlight or mirrors...I got em. All in decent shape.

8ca7b39f90bdbee9f940207a1c709e25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I went today and bought some new bolts/screws (whatever you want to call them) for the new rotors. The old ones were fugly! I didn't want to mess up the look by having ugly hardware :biglaugh:

I found this place nearby (referral from my PC guy actually) that said they can match any bolt/screw/nut on the planet. He was right! Instead of paying $55.00 for a 12 pack from online vendors, I bought 18 from him as well as 16 5mm x 14mm allen head screws for the carb covers (for use with Sean's v-stax) and I spent a grand total of $3.00 flat!! I love finding good deals, lol.

Anyhoo.....since I had the hardware, I wanted to get a preview of how the new rotors looked on the wheels. I like it!

rotors01.jpg

rotors02.jpg

rotors03.jpg

rotors04.jpg

Those wheels look great.

Is it just me, or does the rear rotor look to be the same diameter as the front?
Hopefully not the case if your '99 has stock calipers all the way around.

Nice find on the hardware. I have a hard time finding what I need in stock. I purchase a lot of fasteners at work and most everything I need is a non-stock item so I'd say you found a great resource.

You could set up a cottage industry selling the rotor bolts for all three rotors for $15 shipped.:punk:

Wheels look good, it's gonna look sharp.

Is it just me, or does the rear rotor look to be the same diameter as the front?
Hopefully not the case if your '99 has stock calipers all the way around.

Those wheels DO look great. If the rotor IS larger, you can buy an adapter from Sean to run a large rotor on the rear. It will move the caliper out just a bit.

Whew! Ya'll made me sweat for a second! I had to go outside and compare rotors. Exact same size as what I took off the front and back.I think that the wheels being sans tires makes the rotors look bigger. My old front rotors were in good shape, the back needed to go. Since I was making Maxine pretty I decided on new rotors too. Thankfully they're the right size, lol.

As for the bolts/screws. The place I got them from is called Anderson's Nuts, Bolts & Screws. They're also listed as Anderson Supply LTD Co. They're located in Old Town Conyers, GA at 1000 Green Street SE. For those that live close by, it IS open to the public but I think they're a supplier to other businesses that obviously mark them WAY the hell up. I don't know if they have a website or not for direct ordering, my guess is they don't but I bet you could call them and have them ship to you. Their phone number is (770) 761-7880.

Back