My DW Holeshots Ready for a Rebuild

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95spfldmax

Reaction score
So my Dale Walker Holeshot slip-ons have at least 65,000 on them and are getting a bit tired. I've lost a few rivets and have a rattle. I was planning to take them off and drill out the remaining rivets and replace them all.

So I was thinking while I have them ready to take apart, I'd have a look inside and see if there's packing in there to replace. Then I was thinking one step further that this would be a good time to maybe "modify" the insides and/or maybe the ends for a little more sound.

Has anyone modded these or other slip-ons and want to pass along some suggestions?

Youll need a slide hammer with a 2 jaw puller on it, generous amounts of wd40, a good amount of patience and a carpet square to work on. I just did mine, pain in the ass...

Agree with the above. I naively thought it would be a case of just drilling out the rivets....WRONG!

I gave up and replaced them. Wot a wuss. :baby:

I have had my DW mufflers apart twice. Not to hard just drill out the rivets and get to work. I cut my mufflers in half last time. made it sound quiet a bit better in my opinion but it is loud just to warn you. The trick was getting the inserts to the right length. Oh yeah and you will need to re jet.

OK. I'm sold..............new rivets only.................

Mike , Mike ,Mike ,
We CAN ( pun intended) do it at my place . Let me get the vega back together and we'll make a Friday night, Saturday morning out of it.
It'll be fun ,

Latest posts

Back