Toddler Found Dead In Fla. Lagoon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heard about this and being a Florida native I think the parents should be brought up on charges. All of the bodies of water near the tourist areas have tons of signs telling people to stay out due to gators. I can't imagine that kind of loss and feel bad for the parents. At the same time they are Darwin award winning candidates in my book, I just wish their stupidity didn't come at the cost of a child.

heard about this and being a florida native i think the parents should be brought up on charges. All of the bodies of water near the tourist areas have tons of signs telling people to stay out due to gators. I can't imagine that kind of loss and feel bad for the parents. At the same time they are darwin award winning candidates in my book, i just wish their stupidity didn't come at the cost of a child.

^+1

Not to make lite but would it be wrong if I drag my ex to that lake .. Has to be very rough on the parents I couldn't imagine playing tug of war with any of my kids or anybody else's kids .

Wasn't it a man made "pond" for the park? Couldn't they just get rid of them?

Crime scene appeared to look like a typical small beach. Signs were posted " No Swimming " , not " Beware Of Alligators. "
Pool / pond connects with various other ponds and small land masses , which are right down a alligators alley so to speak. Almost impossible to keep 'em out and still maintain the natural look.

I would imagine the parents will sue and Disney will pay. A trial would be terrible for everybody.

Crime scene appeared to look like a typical small beach. Signs were posted " No Swimming " , not " Beware Of Alligators. "
Pool / pond connects with various other ponds and small land masses , which are right down a alligators alley so to speak. Almost impossible to keep 'em out and still maintain the natural look.

I would imagine the parents will sue and Disney will pay. A trial would be terrible for everybody.

This will lead to liberals demanding signs be posted for every dangerous thing. Common sense tells you no swimming means keep out. I only swim in spring fed lakes in FL, the rest are boat only IMO due to water moccasins.

If you came to Cape Cod, you'd see the shark warning sign at the walkway to the shore at Ocean beaches. Then It's on you if you want to dress up in a black wet suit like a seal and swim at night. I have a hard time blaming the parents. Disney didn't warn about gators, just no swimming, from what I read. It sucks to loose a little one. I never let my own out of my site much, but they take off in a flash. I lost a 7 year old to a truck years ago. A step son. His mom was never the same again. He got taken out in a crosswalk, two weeks after I taught him how to cross safely. I guess that's why I favor the parents more. The guilt last a long time. My prayers to the family. RIP little guy.
Steve-o

I have friends that live in Orlando. The child wasn't swimming, his mother was holding his hand so he could walk in the water. It's easy to blame the parents after the fact, but I think there are a lot more people than any of us think including many of us that would have held their child's hand so he could walk in the water on a hot evening. Disney isn't to blame but there is no question that the very real danger of gators should be posted. Thousands of people visit Disney that have never even seen a gator much less had to worry about one.

Not the first attack there and signs are already in order to go up about the gators.
Sad story Steve-o- my condolences.

heard about this and being a florida native i think the parents should be brought up on charges. All of the bodies of water near the tourist areas have tons of signs telling people to stay out due to gators. I can't imagine that kind of loss and feel bad for the parents. At the same time they are darwin award winning candidates in my book, i just wish their stupidity didn't come at the cost of a child.

agreed

That's right, no sign except "no swimming" from what I've read. If that was Disney property, and the family paid to use it, there was a presumption of safety, and justifiably so. Disney should, and will pay. I would have no idea where not to go near water in other states because of alligators, unless there is a sign stating there are gators there. I don't live there or have local knowledge. Neither did they. Money won't return the life of their child, but it'll help with the cost.
Steve-o

That's right, no sign except "no swimming" from what I've read. If that was Disney property, and the family paid to use it, there was a presumption of safety, and justifiably so. Disney should, and will pay. I would have no idea where not to go near water in other states because of alligators, unless there is a sign stating there are gators there. I don't live there or have local knowledge. Neither did they. Money won't return the life of their child, but it'll help with the cost.
Steve-o

South Carolina and Louisiana come to mind.

Little ones are unpredictable.We went to chimney rock,At the time my daughter was around 3 ,She slipped through the fence,Looked back at me and smiled,She was about a foot and a half from a 200 ft fall,She knew i would chase after her if she did something silly,A little game we had.I got my 13 year old son's attention,And said grab her!Thank god he could and did.That lil game was never played again.The way i look at things like that is god needed another angel.They will never be enough signs.Keep your eye on little people.I hate they lost there lil one.

I realize that this is now old news, but anybody that thinks the parents are responsible is nuts and has obviously never actually seen the area in question. I just returned from Disney and they are 100% responsible. It's a beautiful white sand little beach that had chairs lined up encouraging people to sit and sun themselves. No one in their right mind would have ever questioned the safety of letting their little one put their toes in the water while holding their hand. Disney's lack of alligator warning signs was unconscionable. Once again profits trump public safety. The illusion of magic and animation, effectively the perfect world of Disney would have been tarnished with a very real warning that alligators pose an immediate threat at the water's edge. So what did they do? They downplayed it for the sake of the 47 billion dollars that the 11 Disney resorts worldwide bring in. Now all of those beaches (there are many) have proper warnings and rope fences blocking guests from the waters edge. Disney is responsible not two parents enjoying the fantasy that Disney creates.

Latest posts

Back