COPS (Coli on Plug) in Australia

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The higher the primary resistance the weaker the spark. As long as you are on the ball park should be ok. I used 1ohm 20w in the past with no problems. But be mindful of that resistor operating temperature and cooling requirements as it's gonna sit on a very tight and investigated area. The ones I got were enamel coated and were OK for full load on non vented areas. Bare in mind that they will not be fully loaded all the time due to ignition timing but on practical point of view consider full.load all the time.

I figured I would put them up at the top near the old coil locations rather than wrapping them into the harness. If I can locate them correctly they should enjoy fair ventilation and protection from the elements, also easing replacement and testing of the resistor should that need arise. I think the coils I have are around 2.0 ohm, so ideally a 1 ohm resistor but wondering if 0.5 ohm for a total of 2.5 ohm would put much undue stress on the TCI. Sort of like a compromise. I think I read that the oem coils range from 2.6 - 3.2 ohms but I cant find that again.

I've got four GSXR600 cop's and a Dyna 3000 box. What resistors do I need (if any) and where do I get them?

Latest posts

Back