I think it's time to dump this POS!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's a 17 yr old bike and things go wrong and wear out etc... but it just seams like its all at once. As far as replacing the fuel pump, it runs like it should and clicks like it should so I don't know if that would be a waste of money. I've taken it apart a few times and the little rubber piece is in there and in the right spot and nothing is torn inside.
I will also recheck the cops and pull the plugs and post pictures. Should I buy new plugs first to get a more accurate reading or just post pictures of the ones in there?

I would be VERY surprised if your front rotors are warped. More likely the floating buttons are sticking and not letting the rotor self center like it's supposed to. Just needs a good cleaning i'm sure and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for all the replies.....
I contacted Sean and he is going to send me the kit. I haven't done a set float check ever but I know there is a sticky on how to do it so I'll check that out. I've thought about just getting a new fuel pump from eBay for $20 or $30 but This thing is nickel and diming me to death! Not to mention when and if I get this stuff figured out I need to replace the fork seals (one is leaking bad), water pump seals, new front brake rotors because these are warped... it's never ending

I have my old stock ones, you're more then welcome to have them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you use to clean them? I took them off not to long after I got the bike and I tried anything and everything to free those suckers! No luck!
Jdeitz- are you talking about coils and wires?

I own a 2000 Vmax (with about 30k miles on it) and still have my original rotors on it.
They still look and work great.
My buttons turn by hand but Not as easily as in the videos I'd watched.
Watch these video's about cleaning rotor buttons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsNRaClpDXA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqcHw_t3QlU

I put my Vmax in a ditch a few years ago and was hurt pretty seriously but once I was out of bed I started rebuilding it.
I got it all put back together and had a no spark issue and Sean's Electrical test parts kit was a Huge help in eliminating potential bad parts one by one.
I would absolutely recommend you take him up on his offer and replace your electronic parts one at a time with his known working parts just to eliminate them from the equation.

What do you use to clean them? I took them off not to long after I got the bike and I tried anything and everything to free those suckers! No luck!
Jdeitz- are you talking about coils and wires?

I'm talking about the wires that came with the cops that plug into the stock connectors and then to the cop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so I just got Morleys electrical test kit today! I also posted in his section on here. Amazing how much stuff he sent! Now I just need to figure out where to go from here.

Latest posts

Back