Been away for a while.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneksoldier

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Life has been crazy for the past couple of years! My bike was having 2nd gear issues a few years ago and I was just waiting for funds to repair it. I rode it anyway doing the 1-3 shift for a couple of years. I changed jobs (no more traveling) and we had a baby in November 2015. Wifey is now 8 1/2 months pregnant with our second. Having kids nearly back-to-back is 'spensive! So, the vmax got pushed to the back burner for a while. About 7 months ago (before we knew she was pregnant again) i got the go-ahead to order a new undercut trans and a few other things from Sean. Got the cases apart to install the trans and found that the main bearings were in very poor condition. Glad I found the issue before it let go! Now we have everything we need for the new baby and I can finally get motor rebuild parts and finish this thing! I'm ready to be back riding again. Im going to attempt to make the Eureka Springs rally this year.

Congrats on the little ones. They're gonna give you more thrills and chills than the VMAX will but they're a lot more expensive about it too! :D

If they end up being the same gender at least you'll have some hand me downs :)

Diapers and baby food for 2 kids are gonna be more expensive than second gear repairs! But kids always come first. Take your time, and do both jobs right.

Congratulations!

Congrats on the new additions. There is nothing on God's green earth that can compare. Take good care of them and especially Mama. The Max is a machine . Hugging it won't make you feel the same way as a family will:punk:.

Congrats on the little ones. Best get any repairs and mods out of the way now before things get really expensive. Mine are grown now, and I love them more than anything, but there were times when I needed to get on that bike and take off for a few days. Your in for a lot of good times my friend, the trying times can usually be worked out in cycle-therapy :eusa_dance:

Well, today is the day! We are at the hospital waiting for my baby boy to make his debut! I can't wait, but my wife is not so thrilled about the process. Wish her luck!

Best of luck, and congrats. Looking forward to meeting you at Eureka Springs.

Congratulations on the little ones! The bike can wait but looks like you are well underway to getting your Vmax back on the road.

Just like cleaning up the vmax when it's guts come out the baby tends to do the same thing lol. Congrats!

Well, day 1 in the books. Got some medication to help speed things along and it didn't really seem to do much. Dr. Decided to let her rest tonight and give things a chance to get ready. It's been a long day and going to be a long one tomorrow!

Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement, guys. It has been a long night and no baby yet. She got some meds to help speed things up early this morning. Hopefully it won't be long now.

The poor kid... mom is never going to let them forget the hell they put her through. :) Best of luck!

Back