Sturgis on the River 2008

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4WARND

Reaction score
OK gentlemen. This years event is sneaking up on us Father's day weekend.

http://www.qgthreads.com/index.cfm

Lets work on a head count for this year and see if we should organize some specific activities for all Maxxers and their groups.

Come on all, those of you not familiar with Davenport, IA or the Quad Cities here it is. Roughly 2.5 hours west of Chicago and nearly the same East of Des Moines, IA. We are and the event is on the banks of the Mississippi River. We are not far from Missouri, Minnesota, and Wisconsin either.

Contact me for any further details.

I'm going to try and make it with the wife. Probably won't spend the night as we are just over an hour's drive away.

Jeff

I'm going to try and make it with the wife. Probably won't spend the night as we are just over an hour's drive away.

Jeff

If you need to crash I have a room for ya! Ok so it hasn't been remodeled yet so you'll have to deal with the ballerina wall paper that the old owners installed but it does have a queen bed and your own bath. I want my jacket too! :biglaugh:

I have another room with a day bed and trundle to.

Not sure if I can make this but if I am riding and not out of town I will make it.

I find it quite boring but the rides with a bunch of bikes is fun and looking at all the other bikes is cool.

Bring sunscreen!!!

Chris

Oh and I added it to the calendar.

Hell guys, i will be there hoping to post the :eusa_dance:fastest E.T. on the mobil Drag Strip. Hope to have some Maxxers there to witness. Hope to see you all there. Roy

Hell guys, i will be there hoping to post the :eusa_dance:fastest E.T. on the mobil Drag Strip. Hope to have some Maxxers there to witness. Hope to see you all there. Roy

I'll letcha! I helped replace 4warnd's transmission in his first max because of that damn thing so I'll be damned if I'll strap my baby on it! :damn angry:

Welcome to the forum Roy! Hope to see ya there. Keep an eye on this thread because as we get closer we will post up meeting places. I will probably go Friday night and but need to see my dad for fathers day so Saturday is iffy at best now... Why do they do this on F'ing fathers day weekend?:bang head:

Chris

thanks, 4gasem maybe you will have to help me with my tranny too, lol. I am goin on Friday night too, seems to be the best night. See everybody there. Keep me posted on meeting quarters. :ummm:Roy

Roy... I may try to battle you for that fastest ET..... but I might be "cheating" by some people's book too. I think Friday (pending the weather) is what I am going to try and do so Chris, why don't you and Nathan try to set up a meeting place and time.... if you don't mind?

Jeff

I'm leaving Friday around 3ish to be there around 6ish. If we're meeting up somewhere lemme know! I'll be rolling with my buddy that has the Goldwing and one of his friends as well. All of our wives are coming out with us this event.

So we're showing Friday, leaving Sunday AM. Happy B-Day and Fathers Day to me. :D

I'm leaving Friday around 3ish to be there around 6ish. If we're meeting up somewhere lemme know! I'll be rolling with my buddy that has the Goldwing and one of his friends as well. All of our wives are coming out with us this event.

So we're showing Friday, leaving Sunday AM. Happy B-Day and Fathers Day to me. :D

What hotel are you staying at D?:ummm:

Baymont Inn if I remember right. Jason has all the info on it.

Find out which one and we may set it up as the meet point... Unless you need to use my home to wash or clean your bikes up before going into Sturgis which you are MORE than welcome to do as long as you don't mind a happy 80 pound Golden Retriever...

Chris

It makes no difference to me Chris. Let me talk to Jason tonight to get all the details on what hotel. We can just use that as a meeting point if it's okay with everybody else. PM me your phone number and I can keep you and Jeff in the loop. I don't have Nathan's number saved in my phone for some reason.

Baymont inn Sounds okay to me. Thats the one of 61 and 80 right? If you mean Nitrous as cheating that is ok you will probably need it. wink wink. I am hoping to run 9.50's :punk: at the strip. The last run was 10.29 @ 129 with bolt on mods. Can't wait to meet the rest of you . Roy

Just thought I would let you locals know I just put my bike on the gallery on here if anyone wants to take a peek. :ummm:

The hotel should work fine for me as well. I get off work around 5:30 and should be free from then on. Let us know the details on the hotel. My number is listed on the VMOA site under Iowa chapter leader. I'll send you a text so you have it again.

Yeah it's the Baymont Inn, I was over at Jason's when I got your text Nathan.

I'll call everybody when we get close to set up a time to meet up and grab some grub.

Baymont inn Sounds okay to me. Thats the one of 61 and 80 right? If you mean Nitrous as cheating that is ok you will probably need it. wink wink. I am hoping to run 9.50's :punk: at the strip. The last run was 10.29 @ 129 with bolt on mods. Can't wait to meet the rest of you . Roy

10.29.... damn.... what are these "bolt on" mods, and how much do you weigh? I ran 10.7 @ 129.9, my 60' was only a 1.8 and I weigh 230 w/ gear. I need some of these bolt on mods... and to loose a little extra weight and to learn to lanch a little better.... and, ... and....

Jeff

Latest posts

Back