CARROZZERIA wheel thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will have to get one mounted and make sure. I think it will though as we used that same size on the offset swingarm used on the reaper build with those same wheels.

I have used the 200/55 on my Kosman wheel. Should fit the Carr wheel too. I will be running a Shinko 200/50 on my personal bike. We typically suggest the Metzler ME880's for best all around tire.

Sean

I an thinking of going with 200/50 avalon cobra myself but I am curious; if you recommend Metz, what specific benefits do you see from the shinko?

Shinko's are much cheaper and also stickier. The Metzler's last far longer and have a better overall profile. For the way I ride (and limited amount of riding) the Shinko's will work perfectly for me.

Sean

Shinko's are much cheaper and also stickier. The Metzler's last far longer and have a better overall profile. For the way I ride (and limited amount of riding) the Shinko's will work perfectly for me.

Sean
+1 i've really liked the verge's. switching to the advance b/c of the 130 front size

Don't you have to notch the swingarm to shoehorn a 200 in there on a cazz?

I will have to get one mounted and make sure. I think it will though as we used that same size on the offset swingarm used on the reaper build with those same wheels.
I plan on ordering a 3" braced swingarm to compliment of possibly fitting a 200 tire on Redbone, but first and formost I want the tire to be centered on the bike and will go with a smaller tire if that's what needs to happen.
I am way too anal to have a off centered wheel. :biglaugh: :bang head::biglaugh:
I will be putting together my funds and order details soon Sean, I probably will have some other stuff too.:punk:

Cool, watching the post for the wheel deposit! We can add a swingarm to the mix at the same time! Got 2 arms to build so far with these same wheels. This combo really works well since we can get that tire in a very good position that way.

Sean

The deal sounds better and better each day. Im hung up on the fact that I have gen2 busa forks and would end up with a 18" rear and 17" front. Im sure a vmax wheel could be made to work with some fender mods, axle mods and rotor adaptors but I really dont want to get into all that.

Cool, watching the post for the wheel deposit! We can add a swingarm to the mix at the same time! Got 2 arms to build so far with these same wheels. This combo really works well since we can get that tire in a very good position that way.

Sean
I would've had the deposit today, but I completely forgot about my transactions after doing some for my brothers estate. I will run by the bank again tomorrow at lunch and transfer some from the MM account.

No problem Brian. Email me about the arm you want too so we can discuss that.

Sean

I plan on ordering a 3" braced swingarm to compliment of possibly fitting a 200 tire on Redbone, but first and formost I want the tire to be centered on the bike and will go with a smaller tire if that's what needs to happen.
I am way too anal to have a off centered wheel. :biglaugh: :bang head::biglaugh:
I will be putting together my funds and order details soon Sean, I probably will have some other stuff too.:punk:

This is about the best I could do with my Kosman wheel, its offset .250" to the right but I think it still looks good. I wish the Carr's came in a 6" wide version because mounting the 200/50-18 on my 6" wheel was kinda tough! LOL not real sure there would be a real benefit to going with a 200 on a 5.5" wheel but a 190 would look awesome!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1326861130108.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1326861130108.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 66
Also anyone considering a 200 better plan on running the stock driveshaft too (Sean will tell you that its a better way to go anyways) the bigger diameter one won't let you notch the swingarm enough. Sorry for the thread highjack Sean, if I can swing the deposit with my taxes I'll be in touch, those wheels look beautiful!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

The deal sounds better and better each day. Im hung up on the fact that I have gen2 busa forks and would end up with a 18" rear and 17" front. Im sure a vmax wheel could be made to work with some fender mods, axle mods and rotor adaptors but I really dont want to get into all that.
+1, good find, the cheapest I could find them were at PJ's Parts for $22.00.

you know if you lived in Alaska, the state would out right hand you the money for them...

BIG NEWS!
****UPDATE**** These wheels are going to be made available sooner then anticipated! The wheels should hit the warehouse on or about Feb 18th. There will still be some time needed for the final prep and coloration but this is far sooner then we anticipated (which is good news). If you are interested in a set don't just sit and watch! Get that set purchased and paid for!

Latest posts

Back