Anyone ever jet up to 130 mph or more on the vmax

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been to 10k a number of times. Had it over 200mph on the dyno with our overdrive 5th (it won't do it on the street with the increasing wind resistance over 150mph). Had it over 100mph for nearly an hour straight. Coincidentally that was actually the best mileage I ever got on an tank too. Wide open stretch of 400 east of Wichita (Augusta is where it opens up) and the MO line.

120+ for a LONG way on the turnpike years ago on an old Maxim 750. Ended up ruining the exhaust and had to weld it back up. Was turning some serious RPM's on that old bike. Blew past some troopers on the other side of the wall. Never did see them though they could have easily caught us (we just can't get off anywhere we wanted). Back then there was no timers on the slip we got from the shack when you got on the pike.

Sean

Overdrive 5th must be nice to have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

135 on my 85 many yrs ago heading on i29 initially from Rolla MO to Wahpeton ND.
drove 15 hrs total, fell asleep ordering hot chocolate at perkins somewhere. left labor day weekend 9pm to show up and surprise the lady at hand. she was at work, I was a zombie. she sent me a miss you card earlier, showed up at the dollar store place she working at, found the same card, under a camo shady hoodie, front register, tossed it down in front of her, total shock, great moment, went to her place, parents gone camping, showered, crashed for a few hours b4 she got off work, went to street dance scheduled in town that night, limbs spent the night dry, wtf??? LOL. headed out mid morning back to hutch MN, parents gone, left video message with neighbors camcorder, headed to ames IA to see remnants of swim team after college cut mens swimming, pulled over not far from hutch for speeding, no ticket, made it to ames IA evening, saw couple folk, took off to Rolla MO, made it back. hellluva trip.

worst part was stopping to get gas.

crazy trip.

I'll run mine in 5th till the shift light comes on. Then I hold it open longer. Believe the light comes on at 9500. Needle on the speedo pegged. Do it every few rides when the opportunity presents itself. Haven't gps it yet. Running 17s, swapped speedo drives with Sean to get it really close.
Never alter tire pressure for it. Can't predict an open highway.

Over 120 mph I stop looking at the speed-o. The road is a blur and my eyes are glued to it. After cranking her up,slowing down to 90 doesn't feel fast. The most fun you can have with your clothes on though.

I ran recommended tire psi from the book. Running the Dunlop qualifiers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You bet,
145mph couple times at 500m above sea level.
Felt like there was more still...
But that was fast enough for me :/

You bet,
145mph couple times at 500m above sea level.
Felt like there was more still...
But that was fast enough for me :/

I just use factory recommendations for tire pressure and adjusted the rear shock absorbers for a stiffer ride.
Not 100% sure if the suspension adjustment made a difference or not ?

An indicated 145 yesterday though more like 130ish I think when I shifted into 5th (an overdrive gear on this particuar bike). Rock solid stable.

Attachments

• IMG_20140614_091445_488.jpg
    IMG_20140614_091445_488.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back