K&P Engineering Worlds Finest Reusable Oil Filter

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So if you are an extreme gearhead check this out! Make no mistake this is the original high performance cleanable and reusable oil filter and there are a lot of copy cats out there. Not the same quality, period. K&P Engineering is the Worlds Best Oil Filter.

This oil filter fits all years of the VMax motorcycles and come in a variety of finishes.

http://www.peromotorsports.com/k-p-engineering-s1-reuseable-stainless-steel-micronic-oil-filter/

Until May 31, 2014 20% off using Coupon Code VMaxSS-S1 at check out.

Made here in Colorado!!!

I've gone to the machine shop many times and each time learn more about the process on how these are made and the R&D that goes into them.

We sell them for motorcycles, cars, watercraft, airplanes and the list goes on.

Any questions about these please ask. If I don't know the answer I know where to go to find out the correct answer for you.

BTW: Need one of these filters for another application, contact me for a deal.

Diane

So if you are an extreme gearhead check this out! Make no mistake this is the original high performance cleanable and reusable oil filter and there are a lot of copy cats out there. Not the same quality, period. K&P Engineering is the Worlds Best Oil Filter.

This oil filter fits all years of the VMax motorcycles and come in a variety of finishes.

http://www.peromotorsports.com/k-p-engineering-s1-reuseable-stainless-steel-micronic-oil-filter/

Until May 31, 2014 20% off using Coupon Code VMaxSS-S1 at check out.

Made here in Colorado!!!

I've gone to the machine shop many times and each time learn more about the process on how these are made and the R&D that goes into them.

We sell them for motorcycles, cars, watercraft, airplanes and the list goes on.

Any questions about these please ask. If I don't know the answer I know where to go to find out the correct answer for you.

BTW: Need one of these filters for another application, contact me for a deal.

Diane
I've ben eye balling these types of filters for a while. There appears to be a bit more cooling ability than a normal spin on filter. They give a good inspection option when changing the oil too. The free flowing unrestriced aspect might be good for a Gen.1 engine, but is it at a cost of filtration? What micron rating are they?
Steve-o

I think you guys are a bit high on pricing. These are just an example but not the only one online: http://ftpcycles.com/products/FLO-Reusable-oil-filter-Yamaha-V%2dMax-96%2d11.html

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Hi there:

I appreciate your response and have heard/seen this before. The link you sent is not the same brand of oil filter. K&P Engineering oil filters are made here in the US. I have been to their machine shop many times to get educated on their brand and products. There are knock offs out there made overseas and not the same quality.

I like to compare it to buying a tool. I can choose to buy it from Snap On tools or Harbor Freight. There will be differences.

Just my .02 but speaking from experience and customer feedback.

Thanks for sharing.
Diane

I've ben eye balling these types of filters for a while. There appears to be a bit more cooling ability than a normal spin on filter. They give a good inspection option when changing the oil too. The free flowing unrestriced aspect might be good for a Gen.1 engine, but is it at a cost of filtration? What micron rating are they?
Steve-o

It's a very high quality product, I have one.

It is nice to be able to see what's been flowing through your engine when you change the oil. It also has a super strong magnet in there so any piece of steel no mater how small will be captured.

Hi there:

I appreciate your response and have heard/seen this before. The link you sent is not the same brand of oil filter. K&P Engineering oil filters are made here in the US. I have been to their machine shop many times to get educated on their brand and products. There are knock offs out there made overseas and not the same quality.

I like to compare it to buying a tool. I can choose to buy it from Snap On tools or Harbor Freight. There will be differences.

Just my .02 but speaking from experience and customer feedback.

Thanks for sharing.
Diane

No offense Diane, I don't see how you can justify what you are saying.

These "knock off" filters have been on market for a long time and get great reviews.

Not being made in US is not an issue. Most of the aftermarket parts for bikes are made outside the US.

Your product maybe as good or better but your explanation won't make me spend 50% more for the same specs and features.

No offense Diane, I don't see how you can justify what you are saying.

These "knock off" filters have been on market for a long time and get great reviews.

Not being made in US is not an issue. Most of the aftermarket parts for bikes are made outside the US.

Your product maybe as good or better but your explanation won't make me spend 50% more for the same specs and features.

I think you missed the 20% part that they are kindly offering. The difference in price is so small it's a no brainer to buy the known quality made in USA, K&P.

I think you missed the 20% part that they are kindly offering. The difference in price is so small it's a no brainer to buy the known quality made in USA, K&P.

I didn't miss it, I'm glad Diane offers this nice discount.

I didn't miss it, I'm glad Diane offers this nice discount.

Well then your math is off a bit. ;)

I paid way more for mine a couple of years ago from another vendor and was happy to do so. I like to deal with a supplier I like and know whenever possible, and of course if they are site sponsors that's even better.

My point was about the original price offered publicly and how it was justified.

At the end, everybody will make his own choice so my opinion doesn’t matter much :)

I will stop now, I don't want to become a pain in the ass :)

I don't want to become a pain in the ass

Yes please don't.........you'll be taking my job! :eusa_dance::rofl_200:

Well then your math is off a bit. ;)

I paid way more for mine a couple of years ago from another vendor and was happy to do so. I like to deal with a supplier I like and know whenever possible, and of course if they are site sponsors that's even better.

You guys are cracking me up! All I want to do is offer you options, stand behind what I sell, have fun and give you a break in price as I know money is tight these days. I'm not making a killing doing this but do have a passion for motorcycles.

I'm a huge proponent of buying a product after I research it and make my own decision. I don't fall for anyone's BS marketing, and not here to give it to you. Just sharing what I have spent hours on researching to guide you.

Happy Easter

Diane

Oh crap. I think my last post went by the wayside.

Anyway

You guys are cracking me up. All I am here to do is offer you options at a good price. I know how tight money is today. I am not making a killing by offering these discounts but I do have a passion for motorcycles.

Let me just say this.
I DO NOT personally buy a product without researching it first myself. I don't fully go by reviews or what someone wants me to believe. There are a lot of BS marketers out there that don't get my business. I am not one of those. I am only here to share what knowledge I have gained in being a research freak. I don't sell products that I don't stand by, just not my style. And if a distributor doesn't stand behind me and support my customer, I fire them.

Happy Easter everyone.

Diane

At $21.00 a pop for Yamaha filters (local dealer price), it wouldn't take long for one of these puppies to pay for itself. Great looking too, if your thing is inspecting undercarriages.
Diane, please confirm the micron rating, and some details about the cleaning process.
Also, is there a suggested interval time between cleanings? Logic would suggest it should be longer than when using traditional filters.
Cheers!

I am curious as to what kind of modification would be required to use this filter as well. Cosmetically it is much more appealing and since I plan on having my Vmax for this rest of my life, a sound investment.

Looking at putting it on an '85 if that makes a difference.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I installed the spin on adapter and curved cross bar that's all very simple and a pleasure to change oil now..No more pinched oring but you do physically clean and inspect reusable filter.

At $21.00 a pop for Yamaha filters (local dealer price), it wouldn't take long for one of these puppies to pay for itself. Great looking too, if your thing is inspecting undercarriages.
Diane, please confirm the micron rating, and some details about the cleaning process.
Also, is there a suggested interval time between cleanings? Logic would suggest it should be longer than when using traditional filters.
Cheers!
Here is some information on this type of filter: http://www.scottsonline.com/Product_Info.php?PartType=3
And here is K & P video on how to clean the filter:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvsFN3PMRGE

Latest posts

Back