Auto clutch

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That looks like a Rekluse clutch which are popular with the dirt bike guys, I think it works the same way. I have one for my KTM but have not tried it out yet so no first hand experience with auto clutches for bikes.

Its so rare that I ever ride in traffic with my Vmax but for someone doing a lot of city stop-n-go I'll bet it would be nice. I've had so many years with a conventional clutch that I would probably blip the throttle at a stop light forgetting I'm in gear, and end up on my ass.

I'm really interested in how this works out if you do go this way.

My cousin put a rekluse in his Honda trx450r....... It was very touchy. Not enough gas and it stalls, to much and it's ass over tea cup. But the 450r is a high revving machine and does not like being lugged at all. Different animal than the v max. He put it in because you could clutchless shift.

I have a couple of these at the shop (Made by EFM) and just haven't tried one yet.

My cousin put a rekluse in his Honda trx450r....... It was very touchy. Not enough gas and it stalls, to much and it's ass over tea cup. But the 450r is a high revving machine and does not like being lugged at all. Different animal than the v max. He put it in because you could clutchless shift.

I know the Rekluse is popular for tight technical stuff where bikes tend to stall out. I'm a 2 stroke whore so stalling is really not much of an issue. Neither is power, or weight, or price :rofl_200:

I'm going to try it both ways anyways but if the lever pull on your max is causing exacerbation to arthritis then NOT trying one would be a shame when it might make the right that much more comfortable.

Latest posts

Back