What Gear Do You Guys Wear?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well because the Vmax is so much fun....this is most gear that Ive ever had.

My helment is a scorpion full face 500. My jacket is made out of buffalo hide, and has CE armour in the shoulders, and elbows. I have back armour that I also wear. I also wear motocross boots as well. Alpine stars hi point retro boots. I also recently bought armoured gloves as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALPINESTARS...-SIZE-13-MAD-MAX-SNAKE-PLISSKIN-/230921121507

I know that at some point in time....I will go sliding...probably not due to me, but some little old lady that will just plow me over.

Shoei GT-Air
Cortech textile jacket (or Olympia)
Jacket zipped to Olympia Airglide pants
Dainese TRQ-Tour boots
Held Air-n-Dry Gloves
Earplugs

Icon full face helmet and Icon Motorhead Skull jacket. Regular old armored mechanics gloves at the moment
Lol

Vemar VTXE full face
Joe Rocket Sonic leather jacket
Fieldsheer Mercury 2.0 pants
Alpinestar Tour WP boots
Power trip Grand National (summer gloves)
Alpinestars Tech Road GTX Insulated (rain/ cold weather gloves)
Momma always said...safety is the safety gear you wear.

Lots of full facers. No-one wants a bug in the eye lol.
My jacket was made by First Classics.
Need to pick up some kevlar jeans but they're pretty pricey.

Since I ride more relaxed style( let off at 100 LOL), almost always in a rural enviroment, no city or night driving, I find the following gear comforting and comfortable for my style and distance of riding..

Behind a medium sized windshield, with half helmet and goggles. Amazing, the engine and background sounds you hear without wind noise and helmet muffled ears! And no wind buffeting your helmet and body is great too. Great freedom to realy feel , hear and smell the enviroment. Kinda feels like an open cockpit plane to me too.

Standard heavy leather unarmored belted jacket, padded fingerless gloves, Carhart pants and work boots.
I do have a very heavy, armored jacket I wear for cold weather, and a birdie told me Santa might bring me some Draggin Jeans.

HJC fullface
Joe Rocket mesh in the summer
Joe Rocket M1 Tech textile in the winter
Joe Rocket mesh gloves in the summer
Ski gloves in the winter
Jeans (two pair in the winter) and tennis shoes (yeah, I know) year-round
Earplugs because the Supertrapps with "Competition Only" end caps are awesome but deafening.

That Brian has got all condition's covered Tom told me one time brian pulled up to a group girls at the dragon in his brthday suit and all was safe because he had just got new rubber's for his redbone. :ummm:

Shoei full face, Hein Gericke armoured jacket, either Alpine Stars padded denim jeans (or leather jeans if it's cold), studded palm leather gloves and hi top Nike shoes.

Chris.

This is my winter gear. In the summer I wear a helmet, shorts, tenny's & a VMF T shirt:biglaugh:

Attachments

• Vmax Gloves1.jpg
    Vmax Gloves1.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 14
  • Helmets shoes.jpg
    Helmets shoes.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 16
  • Armor pants.jpg
    Armor pants.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 15
  • 1101072748.jpg
    1101072748.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 17
Fruit of the looms (colored variety, no the tightie whities), tank shirts, jean shorts with flipflops. I top this off with an el-cheapo 1/2 helmet from Walmart -thanks to the state of Missouri requirements.

Why do you ask?

Shark Evolution II modular helmet (best modular helmet you can get in my opinion, looks/acts like an open-face or a full-coverage (chinbar) helmet.

Joe Rocket armored mesh jacket for most times, a Tourmaster Transition II armored jacket when it's colder.

(sometimes) armored mesh pants on-top of regular pants.

Alpinestars over-the-calf boots or to-the-calf boots.

I forget whose armored gloves or Tourmaster summer gloves, in summer.

ICE (In case of emergency) info on my smartphone. You should do it too. "ICE" your phone for emergency responders to be able to access your next-of-kin or important medical info-allergies, diabetic, medical implants, etc.

And most-important, health insurance, and a vigilant awareness of what's going on around me while I am sharing the road.

Fruit of the looms (colored variety, no the tightie whities), tank shirts, jean shorts with flipflops. I top this off with an el-cheapo 1/2 helmet from Walmart -thanks to the state of Missouri requirements.

Why do you ask?

I don't think your underwear is "gear" unless it's the Mormon Magical Underwear.

Bell Vortex Matte Black Full Face with Transitions face shield
Castle Vintage Leather Jacket
Castle Perforated Leather Gloves (to match the jacket)
RedWing Steel Toed Boots
PJD T Shirt
Carhart Jeans
Gerber 06 FAST Tanto

If it's colder, I add:
Klim Balaclava
River Road Leather Chaps

Latest posts

Back