Garage Journal

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redbone

Reaction score
I had posted in another post (Drag Race bike project, gen II) by KariR complimenting him on his work on his Gen2 and his shop, and suggested that he would fit right in with some of the shops I've seen on Garage Journal. I did not want to corrupt his excellent post with discussion about issues with another website.
Anyways, Fire Medic tried to join up and had issues with the site which ended up with him being banned? This seem unusual to me as I have been a member there since 2012 without issue. I would encourage Fire Medic to talk to the moderators to clarify the issue and get it resolved. They are a bit tough on spammers so maybe he was mistaken for a bot or spammer, I don't know what actually happened.
It is a great resource for ideas, history on tools, product testimonials, vendors to buy from and in general inspiration to create your own version of garage nirvana. Here is one such post that involves a member (sakurama) of Garage Journal and also on ADV Rider (where I found his work originally) so without further adieu:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=185104

They haven't responded.I even 'apologized' for whatever I did in my 3 posts. Their loss.

Oh well, as you say it's their loss, looks you tried to rectify the situation to no avail. I'll try to keep under the radar since I do enjoy the site.

I enjoyed it too, but it was dysfunctional after I tried to join and to post, so I sent the administrators a message about the difficulties I was having. I got back a reply from a tech who said, "clear your cache and cookies," which I immediately did. I tried a "test post," and the site uploaded it, then I said, "trying to get my post count up, and posted my introduction, which is what the "welcome aboard" message suggested I do. When I went to the site to see my introduction post, "Banned!" And, "when you will be re-admitted: never!"

I'm claiming the "World Championship of Quickest Ban on a Forum!"

The first message I got from GJ:
Hello XXXXX,
Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum.

Why not start with your first post today and become an active part of The Garage Journal Board now!

And the next:

You have been banned for the following reason:
Spammer - Boosting post count with rubbish.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

Perhaps it was two posts I made before the 'ban.'
New World Record for Forum Ban!

I'm going to revisit my post here about Garage Journal, Firemedic has had issues with the site, which you can see in earlier posts, just to say my experience has been different.
I have picked up a bunch of storage and building ideas that I will take forward into my future garage build, which won't be long because the house is a few short years from being paid off! In addition to the ideas there are many group pricing/ discounts, verified suppliers and perhaps one of the more enjoyable aspects are all the builds that are showcased. You will see basic builds with most of the work being done by the owner to the money-is-not-spared on all the best details that the owner gets handed a set of keys at the completion of the project. Some of these projects go on to show off all of the toys of a well earned lifetime collections of memorabilia, classic motorcycles/ automobiles/ tractors and a plethora of other valuables displayed in their grand vision of a building.
If you have some spare time and are interested in ideas for your own build or remodel there are a bunch of interesting ideas to check out.

Latest posts

Back