VMax Journey Continues....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
you're welcome for my small part. Jeff did all the hard work.

Sean

Agreed! Not to down play your part in this but... MAN Jeff worked his ass off on it. I'm sure it was more than he bargained for but it looks like he learned A LOT!:worthy:

Agreed! Not to down play your part in this but... MAN Jeff worked his ass off on it. I'm sure it was more than he bargained for but it looks like he learned A LOT!:worthy:

His customer service is excellent as well. He has been answering my calls all day!:biglaugh:

He fixed so many little things on my bike it's ridiculous. My reserve fuel switch now works!

I couldn't have picked a better man to work on my vmax!

What other awards can Jeff be voted for? Can Jeff be the vmaxforum.net president?

LOL I think Buster voted himself that when he created the forum... Rightly so...

Ottawa! hint hint...

OK I want to first off tell everyone that the bike is running GREAT! As I mentioned in a earlier post there is a flat spot between 4-6K that I can ride around.

Here is what I can tell of this flat spot so far:

1. It is VERY bad when the bike is cold and improves greatly when the bike is HOT.

2. It is bad when cruising at around 45-50 and then flooring it in too low of a gear. At that point it seems to miss it's hardest.

This is not the problem I had when I dropped it off by Jeff and I am sooo happy with the bike right now I don't even want to fuck with it.

I just feel like it has to be something so small at this point that we just missed for some reason.

Any thoughts?

Your first two points get me thinking lean spot. What's your jetting and needles? You have the Kerker and Morley air box right? I would think about taking it to the dyno and do one run with the pickup attached to each plug wire. If the graph cuts out, it's electrical. Otherwise, sounds carb related...particularly needles, main jet, and/or transition from needle to main.

Your first two points get me thinking lean spot. What's your jetting and needles? You have the Kerker and Morley air box right? I would think about taking it to the dyno and do one run with the pickup attached to each plug wire. If the graph cuts out, it's electrical. Otherwise, sounds carb related...particularly needles, main jet, and/or transition from needle to main.

I have a hindle with morley muscle. I also have the COP mod...will that prevent a good dyno run?

My carbs are Jeff's 2005 carbs which he told me ran his bike like a raped ape.

It shouldn't since most modern bikes have COP's. I talked to Jeff a week or two ago and I think the only thing he didn't try was swapping your pressure sensor.

It shouldn't since most modern bikes have COP's. I talked to Jeff a week or two ago and I think the only thing he didn't try was swapping your pressure sensor.

I unplugged the pressure sensor today and it didn't make any difference. I thought it did initially but it was because the bike was cold when I unplugged it.

All that's left is to swap ignitions. Everything else electrical has been dealt with.

I know that the carbs were jetted for morley's muscle kit...not sure if they matched them to my hindle exhaust or not...

The carbs were removed from my personal bike with Kerker and the carbon baffle. Made 127 rwhp and 44 mpg. It may need to be tweaked to your bikes needs.

Sean

The carbs were removed from my personal bike with Kerker and the carbon baffle. Made 127 rwhp and 44 mpg. It may need to be tweaked to your bikes needs.

Sean

Jeff took your Cali Carbs and gave me his off his 05. Do you think those will need to be tweaked for your muscle kit and hindle exhaust?

Hindle headers are different than the Kerker he has on his '05. Muffler/baffle makes a difference too.

You can do some of the tests in the Carbs section. Put new plugs in and ride around in the rpms giving you issues. Immediately shutoff and look at your plugs. I would find a dyno with an a/f reader. That's the easiest way.

Jeff doesn't have an '05...

I stand behind my A/F answer... Lets start with that... It's cheap and easy.

Jeff doesn't have an '05...

I stand behind my A/F answer... Lets start with that... It's cheap and easy.

My bad...his 02.

The local HD dealer is having a dyno day on sat. 2 pulls for 20 bucks! I am going to do 4 pulls, 2 without nitrous and 2 with. The service manager was unsure if they could read my A/F since it is not a Harley or Buell...:ummm:

I am going to laugh when my bike pulls in the 120's and those vrods are not hitting 100. King of the cruisers aye? :clapping:

I will post my results...

My bad...his 02.

The local HD dealer is having a dyno day on sat. 2 pulls for 20 bucks! I am going to do 4 pulls, 2 without nitrous and 2 with. The service manager was unsure if they could read my A/F since it is not a Harley or Buell...:ummm:

I am going to laugh when my bike pulls in the 120's and those vrods are not hitting 100. King of the cruisers aye? :clapping:

I will post my results...

nice!

You can do some of the tests in the Carbs section. Put new plugs in and ride around in the rpms giving you issues. Immediately shutoff and look at your plugs. I would find a dyno with an a/f reader. That's the easiest way.

OK I got this thing hammered down even more now...

The bike does not miss/hesitate at all in first and second gear once it's warmed up...third gear it starts but is minimal...fourth and fifth it misses HUGE!

The miss starts right at 4K on the dot and leaves at 6k on the dot.

I'm a little worried about my dyno run tomorrow...when they go to hammer it down in 4th gear it is gonna have some big issues until 6K. Will this impact my numbers at all?

Just got done installing 157.5 main jets to see if that would help with my midrange stumble AND now I have not only a midrange stumble but a upper rpm stumble as well. I will now go back to 152.5 jets and install the shims to fatten up my midrange.

Thanks again Sean for sending all those goodies. I will keep everyone informed.

Abe

Latest posts

Back