What does everyone wear for helmets?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specter

Reaction score
Helmets

What kind of helmets does everyone use?My wife and i are buying new ones,but cant decide what to get. We like the kind where the face flips up but their not snell aproved so she isnt sure now. We're looking to spend about $300 apeice,any suggestions?Also does anyone have the flip up style&do you like them?

Re: Helmets

I use a KBC modular, I like it. Although it's on the loud side. Here is a review I wrote for Vboost magazine and some pictures of it.

Attachments

• Helmet Review.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 13
  • KBC1.jpg
    KBC1.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 41
  • KBC2.jpg
    KBC2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 33
  • KBC3.jpg
    KBC3.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 28
  • KBC4.jpg
    KBC4.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 28

custom " COP RUNNER SPECIAL " ...

Attachments

• 000_0182.jpg
    000_0182.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 31
  • 000_0183.jpg
    000_0183.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 000_0181.jpg
    000_0181.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 27
  • 000_0179.jpg
    000_0179.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 24
  • 000_0178.jpg
    000_0178.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 38

I have a Shoei "Nicky Hayden" edition helmet. Great fitting/looking helmet, best I have ever used.

HJC Sy-Max is what I have been using for the street riding.

Sean

KJ thanks for the pics & review,think i'll see if one of our 2 dealers in town has any to try on. whats the thing on the side (lite)?

COP RUNNER,
COOL HELMET:punk: wife loves it but says i cant have one,because she hits the back of my helmet when i stop to quick.

I runnning with LS2 modular:

http://www.fc-moto.de/LS2-Helmets

+1 to KJ
Praetty any modular helmet is loud with one exeption.

NOLAN N103 :D
Costly but worth evry penny :worthy:

Tim, i wonder how many people runs away scared when they see your helmt LOL :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200:

Kiddo. Its just looks awsome :)

I am wearing a Vemar VTXE, it's has wide range of sizes and has a 3xl that fits my big head. It is very quiet, so quiet that I found I don't need to wear ear plugs. I do wear ear plugs on long rides just b/c it's a little more relaxing to ride that way. The visors are the best I've ever owned for lack of fogging, and staying scratch free. Check out the video.
http://www.revzilla.com/product/vemar-vtxe-solid-helmet

Does anyone have the kind where the sunshield slides down on the inside of the helmet? Seems like a cool idea.

hjc cl-15 or cl-sp. couple different style graphics

just picked up an afx modular in pink for the lady. they were $150, i got it for $22 from dennis kirk, crazy sale. it was 'on sale' the next week for $85. i think someone made a mistake.

My wife uses the ICON Kitty line helmet and jacket,I am using the HJC carbon fiber vader model. got my vader new on ebay for around 300 ,ifs very light and comfortable.

hjc cl-15 or cl-sp. couple different style graphics

just picked up an afx modular in pink for the lady. they were $150, i got it for $22 from dennis kirk, crazy sale. it was 'on sale' the next week for $85. i think someone made a mistake.

WOW!!....Nice steal....ummm....deal!!

Icon MAinframe, If I paid $300 for it i would say it was so so, but since i got it for about $100 It's a good deal, but you dont' find that deal all the time.

I have the Icon Alliance SSR, been using it for 2 seasons now. Quality is high, it's very comfortable, and the no-tools visor works very well and hasn't lost it's "clickiness" at all. Noise is a bit on the high side, but not so much it bothers me. No issues with fogging, and it vents very well due to the big ram-air scoops on top. The liner feels a lot like under-armor material and is very cushy. Plus, they retail at $150 and you can find them cheaper a lot of places. I have the flat "rubatone black", but they have a few solids and a bunch with crazy designs if you're into that. Also, it's snell approved.

Going by the size chart I was a solid L, which is what I bought. Initially I thought it was too small and fit really snug. I was about to exchange it for an XL, but after a few trips it loosened up a bit, and fits perfectly now. Snug, but not uncomfortably tight.

For the price you can't beat it, I like it better than my $350 HJC snowmobile helmet for overall fit and comfort.

I had some contact with the Reevu guys about setting up here in the U.S. as a dealer. I have not had a lot of feedback from them but I also can't setup with as much qty as I am sure they want me to.

About the coolest helmet out there.

Sean

I had some contact with the Reevu guys about setting up here in the U.S. as a dealer. I have not had a lot of feedback from them but I also can't setup with as much qty as I am sure they want me to.

About the coolest helmet out there.

Sean

I saw a review of those a while back......the ones with the rear view mirror built in......

Looked like a really neat setup......:punk:

Does anyone have the kind where the sunshield slides down on the inside of the helmet? Seems like a cool idea.
Its an original concept by Nolan first used in N102 model. In this model
sunshield was outside helmet which is not good idea.
In the next model N103 sunshield goes inside and its triggered by special lever
oustise the helmet, friendly used lever.

You will find sunshild also in my LS2 but its not that perfect, triggering lever is not kind of friendly one.

If I would be chosing modular helmet with sunshield i'd go with Nolan or Schoubert.
Nolan make the best modulars, no dout about it.

Latest posts

Back