Oil level ?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I apologize for the late response.
I guess it is the one circled.
I have removed it from the engine I disassembled and it is oriented horizontally as pictured.
This was based on a reading somewhere I don't remember so please feel free to correct me.

Attachments

• 12880_crankcase.jpg
    12880_crankcase.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 70
I apologize for the late response.
I guess it is the one circled.
I have removed it from the engine I disassembled and it is oriented horizontally as pictured.
This was based on a reading somewhere I don't remember so please feel free to correct me.
IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE THE OIL PLUG IN THE SIDE OF THE BLOCK , THATS IN THE PRESSURE PASSAGE , THAT WE ALL HAVE TAPPED OUR OIL PRESSURE GAUGES INTO ! ... :confused2:

THIS HAS BEEN DRIVING ME CRAZY , WHEN I CHANGE MY OIL , I RUN MY BIKE UNTIL ITS HOT , I REMOVE THE DRAIN PLUG & THE FILTER & LET IT DRAIN FOR 24 HOURS , THEN I REINSTALL DRAIN PLUG & A NEW FILTER , SO HERES MY QUESTION ; THE SHOP MANUAL SAYS THAT THE BIKE NEEDS TO BE STRAIGHT UP & DOWN & IT HOLDS 3.6 QUARTS OF OIL & THE MAINTENANCE MANUAL SAYS THAT THE BIKE IS TO BE ON ITS CENTER STAND & IT HOLDS 4.02 QUARTS OF OIL , SO WHATS CORRECT ? .. :confused2: .. WITH IT ON THE CENTER STAND , I CANT EVEN GET 3.5 QUARTS IN IN BEFORE ITS OVER THE TOP LINE , BUT WITH IT ON THE GROUND & STRAIGHT UP & DOWN , I CAN GET JUST UNDER 4 QUARTS IN IT ! ... :confused2:
OK first off that is seriously the most anal thing I have ever heard of for a oil change...24 hours lol.....and I cant get past it for more of a response.:ummm:

OK first off that is seriously the most anal thing I have ever heard of for a oil change...24 hours lol.....and I cant get past it for more of a response.:ummm:
HEY , I NEVER SAID I WASN'T ANAL , + I DO THE SAME WHEN I CHANGE MY REAR DIFFERENTIAL OIL , EVERY OTHER OIL CHANGE ! .. :biglaugh::confused2::rofl_200:" LOL "

Anal. :biglaugh: Never??? I've been called Asshole in the middle of Sams Club.
I'm sure we all have our Anal moments.:rofl_200:Me included....

COP RUNNER, you are probably right, so if it is not that particular one then there is another 17mm plug that fits horizontally by the transmission. If you cannot find it I will try to take a photo tomorrow and post it.

COP RUNNER, you are probably right, so if it is not that particular one then there is another 17mm plug that fits horizontally by the transmission. If you cannot find it I will try to take a photo tomorrow and post it.
THAT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU COULD DO THAT ! .. I LOOKED UNDER MY BIKE WITH A FLASHLIGHT & DIDN'T SEE ANOTHER PLUG , BUT MY BIKE HAS A FULL BELLY PAN ON IT SO ITS KIND OF HARD TO SEE ! .. :confused2:

Anal. :biglaugh: Never??? I've been called Asshole in the middle of Sam's Club.
I'm sure we all have our Anal moments.:rofl_200:Me included....
THATS FUCKING FUNNY ! .. ME TOO , IF I HAD A DOLLAR FOR EVERY TIME I WAS CALLED AN ASSHOLE , I COULD OPEN UP MY OWN MOTORCYCLE DEALERSHIP , GIVE MOTORCYCLES AWAY FOR FREE AND STILL STAY IN BUSINESS FOR 7 YEARS ! ... :rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200::biglaugh::rofl_200: ... :confused2:

hmmm you might want to think about your leaving the crankcase exposed to dust and moister for 24 hours it normaly wouldnt get.

hmmm you might want to think about your leaving the crankcase exposed to dust and moister for 24 hours it normally wouldn't get.
ITS IN MY ENCLOSED , FULLY EQUIPPED STOCK CAR TRAILER , MICROWAVE , STEREO , HEAT , LIGHTS , CABINETS , CHECKERED FLOOR , COMPRESSOR , TOOLS ECT.......... :punk:.. SHIT ITS NICER THEN MY BEDROOM ! .. :rofl_200:

COP RUNNER, I took pictures but could see squat.:bang head::damn angry:
That plug is located next to the neutral safety switch and under the shift shaft. If you look horizontally just by the end of the left peg. I personally never used it to drain oil and doubt the practicality in my case since to me with Mark's exhaust it shall be a royal PITA, however I am sure I read somewhere that if you use it you could drain some more oil. If you still cannot locate it I shall take a picture at a friend's dismantled engine.

COP RUNNER , I took pictures but could see squat.:bang head::damn angry:
That plug is located next to the neutral safety switch and under the shift shaft. If you look horizontally just by the end of the left peg. I personally never used it to drain oil and doubt the practicality in my case since to me with Mark's exhaust it shall be a royal PITA, however I am sure I read somewhere that if you use it you could drain some more oil. If you still cannot locate it I shall take a picture at a friend's dismantled engine.[/QUOTE]
I'LL LET YOU KNOW , THANKS !

THIS HAS BEEN DRIVING ME CRAZY , WHEN I CHANGE MY OIL , I RUN MY BIKE UNTIL ITS HOT , I REMOVE THE DRAIN PLUG & THE FILTER & LET IT DRAIN FOR 24 HOURS , THEN I REINSTALL DRAIN PLUG & A NEW FILTER , SO HERES MY QUESTION ; THE SHOP MANUAL SAYS THAT THE BIKE NEEDS TO BE STRAIGHT UP & DOWN & IT HOLDS 3.6 QUARTS OF OIL & THE MAINTENANCE MANUAL SAYS THAT THE BIKE IS TO BE ON ITS CENTER STAND & IT HOLDS 4.02 QUARTS OF OIL , SO WHATS CORRECT ? .. :confused2: .. WITH IT ON THE CENTER STAND , I CANT EVEN GET 3.5 QUARTS IN IN BEFORE ITS OVER THE TOP LINE , BUT WITH IT ON THE GROUND & STRAIGHT UP & DOWN , I CAN GET JUST UNDER 4 QUARTS IN IT ! ... :confused2:

This may seem a might excessive to some folks so during a recent oil change on Sallymax I did the following:
-warmed the motor up
-removed oil & filter and drained for 1 hour into a pan
-removed the pan and collected what dripped out over the next 20 hours

And this is it, the "bottom of the barrell," where all the crap hangs out!

I sure don't want to leave this in my engine....do you? :confused2:

Attachments

• 100_2121.jpg
    100_2121.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 94
I usually let mine drain for about 5-10 mins and then flush through maybe 1 or 2 cups of clean oil before putting the plug back in and wait again, this flushes thru most of the shit that's accumulated.

There is plenty of oil up in the valve area that slowly drips down. Had my pan off last winter with a warm engine and observed while working. I drain , when doing a change, for about an hour then stop. One of the reasons I change oil often, like 1000 miles! Who's anal?
Steve-o

This may seem a might excessive to some folks so during a recent oil change on Sallymax I did the following:
-warmed the motor up
-removed oil & filter and drained for 1 hour into a pan
-removed the pan and collected what dripped out over the next 20 hours

And this is it, the "bottom of the barrel," where all the crap hangs out!

I sure don't want to leave this in my engine....do you? :confused2:
SEE , AND SOME OF YOU GUY'S THOUGHT THAT I WAS CRAZY ! ..:confused2: .. BUT THERE MAY BE A METHOD TO AT LEAST , SOME OF MY MADNESS ! .. :damn angry: .. OR MAYBE ME & DANNY ARE RELATED ! ... :rofl_200:

Last edited:
Not really related, but we do share different parents! Huh?:ummm:
I NEW IT ! ... FROM THE FIRST TIME I TALKED TO YOU ON THE PHONE THREE YEARS AGO , DANNY ! ... I JUST WASN'T SURE WHAT THE CONNECTION WAS , BUT THATS IT , I EVEN CALLED MY MOTHER TONIGHT AND SHE ADMITTED , AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT , SHE ADMITTED THAT SHE DOESN'T NO WHO YOU ARE , SO YOU ARE 100% CORRECT , I DON'T EVEN NO WHAT YOU WOULD CALL IT , IF WERE NOT BROTHERS OR COUSINS , BUT SHARE DIFFERENT PARENTS , I DON'T NO ! .. I'M GETTING CONFUSED ! .. :confused2::rofl_200:

I NEW IT ! ... FROM THE FIRST TIME I TALKED TO YOU ON THE PHONE THREE YEARS AGO , DANNY ! ... I JUST WASN'T SURE WHAT THE CONNECTION WAS , BUT THATS IT , I EVEN CALLED MY MOTHER TONIGHT AND SHE ADMITTED , AND I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT , SHE ADMITTED THAT SHE DOESN'T NO WHO YOU ARE , SO YOU ARE 100% CORRECT , I DON'T EVEN NO WHAT YOU WOULD CALL IT , IF WERE NOT BROTHERS OR COUSINS , BUT SHARE DIFFERENT PARENTS , I DON'T NO ! .. I'M GETTING CONFUSED ! .. :confused2::rofl_200:

I know....it's very confusing!! Nearly as bad as the Oil Level Thread! :rofl_200: But ask your Mom this....I know for sure she will confirm it....ask her whether or not we went to different schools together.....I guarantee she'll say yes....you did!! :punk:

That'll prove it beyond any doubt! :biglaugh:

Latest posts

Back