What did you do to your Vmax today?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

4gasem

Reaction score
I participate regularly in various motorcycle forums and this thread is usually a fun one. It gives us a lot of ideas of what each of us does from one day to another on our bikes and also gives us ideas of what to do to our own Max's...:thumbs up:

Please post here if you rode it to work, took the dust cover off it & washed it, took the engine out, pumped up the tires, turned on the light & looked at it... etc etc, you get the idea. Nothing is too trivial to post here... Anything goes except NSFW items...:whistlin:

So?? :ummm:

Nothing today...

I am SO sick of working on it now... I just want to ride the dang thing...:bang head:

Rode to work and froze my ass off :). Then at noon, rode it over to the gym. I put about 400 miles on him every week.

Not a lot to report guys.

Rode to work and froze my ass off :). Then at noon, rode it over to the gym. I put about 400 miles on him every week.

Not a lot to report guys.

Perfect...

I am hoping this will get more people posting than just coming and looking...:whistlin:

Rode for about an hour today, in full leather, at noon, in horrid traffic, in Dallas. (Translation: sweat my butt off.)

However, after having been off the Max for two weeks while it was in the shop...it's good to be back. :biglaugh:

I also rode to work today, weather was perfect this morning. As JayHawk mentioned it's hot in Dallas and I am not looking forward to the commute home this afternoon.

-Allen

Rode for about an hour today, in full leather, at noon, in horrid traffic, in Dallas. (Translation: sweat my butt off.)

However, after having been off the Max for two weeks while it was in the shop...it's good to be back. :biglaugh:

I also rode to work today, weather was perfect this morning. As JayHawk mentioned it's hot in Dallas and I am not looking forward to the commute home this afternoon.

-Allen

At least ya'll are riding...

Pooring down rain here the last couple days. Not much riding going on.

Farmers are happy though!:thumbs up:

same here....down for 2 wks....rode to work today....and even IF it did rain (which it didn't) I would have rode anyhow!
Going out to dinner 2nite....on the max!

Installed a set of Works Performance dual rate shocks a buddy of mine gave me off of his bike. They are stock length instead of the 11" ones I had. Rides a lot better now.

Rusty

Installed a set of Works Performance dual rate shocks a buddy of mine gave me off of his bike. They are stock length instead of the 11" ones I had. Rides a lot better now.

Rusty

I'd love a set of piggy backs...:thumbs up:

Rode out at 6a.m. for a business breakfast meeting. Very cold, full leathers. Then home to pick up my son and take him to high school on the bike. He loves it. Picked him up after school and rode home. Typical kind of Wednesday for me.

This weather sure is giving my Clutch rain gear from First Gear a workout. That stuff's the cat's ass.

put the drag bars back on(3rdx), cut abt an inch off the grips/throttle sleeve and removed the chrome rings on the inner side of grip this lets the brake/clutch lines clear the fork tube air valves (i check the psi often do to the little higher pressure then usual that i run) and so the stock mirrors will again let you see behind you instead of 80% of your arm/chest. much better sight and a tighter feel. will post pics as soon as i get camera back if someone wants to see

put the drag bars back on(3rdx), cut abt an inch off the grips/throttle sleeve and removed the chrome rings on the inner side of grip this lets the brake/clutch lines clear the fork tube air valves (i check the psi often do to the little higher pressure then usual that i run) and so the stock mirrors will again let you see behind you instead of 80% of your arm/chest. much better sight and a tighter feel. will post pics as soon as i get camera back if someone wants to see

I definitely would love to see pics. I'm looking to do the same thing but I'm scared to death about getting the grips off without tearing them up!

for the grip removal i use two different methods, 1) air hose w/needle valve and if that don't work the other get the smallest Phillips screw driver and SLOWLY slide it between grip and bar then w/ WD-40 and nozzle adapter spray very little to break up glue this will be done in approx 4-6 different places and twist till it breaks loose. be sure to clean bar and grip w/ alcohol pads to remove WD-40, then grip glue and wah lah

for the grip removal i use two different methods, 1) air hose w/needle valve and if that don't work the other get the smallest Phillips screw driver and SLOWLY slide it between grip and bar then w/ WD-40 and nozzle adapter spray very little to break up glue this will be done in approx 4-6 different places and twist till it breaks loose. be sure to clean bar and grip w/ alcohol pads to remove WD-40, then grip glue and wah lah

Stellar. Thanks man!!

Been working on mine in preperation for a ride out this weekend. Going from London to Cornwall, bout a 5 hour trip each way. Cleaning cleaning and more polishing, now the weather forecast is rain rain and more rain, Oh Well :bang head:

Mick :cheers:

Just checked on my front wheel... Sent it back to Carrozzeria last Friday and they will have it tomorrow... Need to make sure they jump on it and get it fingered out asap for me... I want to ride this damn thing...:bang head:

heres the pics

Attachments

• IMG_0620.JPG
    IMG_0620.JPG
    131.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_0619.JPG
    IMG_0619.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0618.JPG
    IMG_0618.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_0617.JPG