Stock V-max 1/4 Mile

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok all... Lets keep the attitudes at bay... We all have opinions. Lets try to keep this thread nice and not allow it to be put in the junkyard.

:thumbs up:

I Have A 4 Year Old Son At Home ! So I'd Rather Race Him Outside My Front Door Than Waste A Hole Day Sitting In Staging Lanes, Waiting To Run, While Rich Spoiled Kids Run Mommy's Suv Down The Track At 23 Seconds !!! Wow They Must Get A Thrill !! And That's Why I Do Not Go To The Track As Much As I Used To !!!!!!!!!

I Have A 4 Year Old Son At Home ! So I'd Rather Race Him Outside My Front Door Than Waste A Hole Day Sitting In Staging Lanes, Waiting To Run, While Rich Spoiled Kids Run Mommy's Suv Down The Track At 23 Seconds !!! Wow They Must Get A Thrill !! And That's Why I Do Not Go To The Track As Much As I Used To !!!!!!!!!
..:clapping: well just make sure you ask all his friends if you have a chance when racing your 4 year old

Tim,The SUV's that you are talking about is one of the reasons that it is better to go on race day than test and tune.Around here on TNT day you are lucky if you get 3 passes in.Imports and suv's everywhere.It blows because it takes at least 2 days to get everything loaded and ready.

At least on raceday you get 2 timing runs then the races and you can buy back in one time if you lose early.Hitting your dial is the hard part.

I guess the tracks need to make money anyway that they can if they are going to stay in business.

Nope, just wondering if you are a Patriots Fan :confused2::whistlin::whistlin::whistlin: :rofl_200::rofl_200::rofl_200::stretche::nyah nyah::tantrum::10_6_8:
yes a fan cant win them all giants played a great game took it to the pats....little luck at the end...but its all a part of the game ...was glad for eli

yes a fan cant win them all giants played a great game took it to the pats....little luck at the end...but its all a part of the game ...was glad for eli

My team didnt even make it to the play offs so I dont have any room to talk

Cheers:cheers:

Back To The Bike's, Run The " Poooolice"!! Ride Fast & Stay To The Left !!!!!! When In Doubt " Floor It " !!!!!! Don't Look Back, You Just Came From There !!!!!!!!!!!

can say i ever ran from the cops ...just once around city roads got away pretty quick...id think getting of the highway as fast as possible and getting into side roads would be the best...got more than my fair share of speeding tckets

Aaaahhhhhh!!!!!! See After All Of That, You Are A Fellow Cop Runner Afterall !!!! The Only Reason You Got All Those Other Speeding Ticket's Is Because You Stopped! Smoking The Pooolice Feel's Much Better And Is Much More Cost Effective Than Paying A Ticket And That Kid Talking Smack Is My Friend !! And We All Talk Smack !! I'm Just A Sore Loser!!

probably went drag racing 3 times in 86... had a 85 suzuki 1150 e.....for really not knowing what i was doing,,,on night i was running 11.2,,,at 118 to 121 mph,,that was 101 hp to the rear wheel... would run some xmax on the street and they seemed to pull a tad harder on the top was always a bike length behind

My Gsxr1100 With Slick And Bars Ran 10.15 At 130 Mph, That Was Pretty Good I Thought !! It Only Had A Pipe -carb Kits & Spark Advance !! With An Air Shifter I'm Sure It Would Of Been In The 9.90's My Stock 2006 V-max Only Feels Like A Low 12.00 At Best !! I Wish It Was 200 Lbs. Lighter !! What A Rush That Would Be !! !!!!!!!! But I Love It & I Wanted A V-max Since 1985 !!!

Last edited:
My Gsxr1100 With Slik And Bars Ran 10.15 At 130 Mph, That Was Pretty Good I Thuoght !! It Only Had A Pipe -carb Kits & Spark Advance !! With An Air Shifter I'm Sure It Would Of Been In The 9.90's My Stock 2006 V-max Only Feels Like A Low 12.00 At Best !! I Wish It Was 200 Lbs. Lighter !! What A Rush That Would Be !! !!!!!!!! But I Love It & I Wanted A V-max Since 1985 !!!
bought a 2006 also last year in late oct..have just under 2000 miles...im leaving it all stock..dont care about the hp numbers any more..max has enough juice for me..just want to push the starter button and ride..had the front wheel at 11 oclock a few times...and on a first gear rollon with no clutch the front wheel lifts of the ground as it nears redline....im sure you would run low 11s...the v motors pulls harder then they feel....they dont feel like they have the kick in the pants pull of an inline because there so smooth

A stock VMAX will not run low 11's I am sorry The VMAX is so smooth hmmm mine must have been built on a Monday
I will admit the VMAX feels faster than what it is and this is due to the postion the rider is sitting in no fairings along with the weight and good amounts of torque. So yeah it feels fast to most but when you take it to the track and read the numbers its weak compared to todays technoligy
Its kind of like riding in a 66GTO with a Big Block running 12's and than getting into a new vette both about the same speed but you think your going into warp zone in that GTO
No other sounds as awesome as the VMAX!! Thats why I love mine so much along with the attitude look

Me To, My 06 V-max I Have Had For 10 Months, I Put A Ufo Seat & A Wide Set Of Flanders Drag Bars (black) & Progresive Rear Shockes On It , Man What A Differance!! Now I Just Want To Ride !! Without Anyone Talking " Smack", Because I Have Flashbacks Of 10.15's!! & I Hate Losing!!! Please God Just Let Me Ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are you saying a good rider wont get low 11s on certain day or nights....bikes in the mid 80s where getting low 11s..i seen it and done it...other nights i was 11.8 112 mph.....other night 11.2...and i know the max had a little more then the suzuki 1150 in the mid 1980s....another thing all the bikes that where left stock where getting better times then bikes with pipes

Me To, My 06 V-max I Have Had For 10 Months, I Put A Ufo Seat & A Wide Set Of Flanders Drag Bars (black) & Progresive Rear Shockes On It , Man What A Differance!! Now I Just Want To Ride !! Without Anyone Talking " Smack", Because I Have Flashbacks Of 10.15's!! & I Hate Losing!!! Please God Just Let Me Ride !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol i love hearing the smack talk from guys on different bikes..most go through that faze...been there done that...atleast most of the smack talk can be backed up with the jap bikes....harley smack talk was the worst..most guys would add a part and think they where running 100 hp.when they where at 65 hp....tak about a good laugh over a cup of coffee

I Tim Barrett , Am Not Saying How Fast A 2006 V-max Is In 1/4 Mile.! That Was My Original Question Day's Ago !! And Thats How This Whole Thread Started !!! But I'm Loving All The Responce's I Got !!!!

Latest posts

Back