Vmax owners age?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rusty McNeil

Reaction score
I've noticed on the last few get togethers we've had that the averge age of the Vmaxxers in my area is probably consistent with having wanted one when they came out in 1985.....

Seems like most guys are mid 40's to late 50's

The youngest guy I know riding one is in his early 30's and the oldest is 68.

Is this about normal??

Rusty

Seems Normal to me.
All the VMax riders I know are over 40, married, kids, mortgage, workaholics, that hardly ever have the time to go out on a regular basis and have some fun! :biglaugh:

Great I am spending my time talking with a bunch of old guys. I am 28. DIdn't see my first Max unitl I was 19, from then on I always thought they were bad a$$.

Damn, I thought I was the oldest at 64!!! I have four friends that are over 60 with V-Maxes. I am the oldest by 9 months...

Great I am spending my time talking with a bunch of old guys. I am 28. DIdn't see my first Max unitl I was 19, from then on I always thought they were bad a$$.

This way your going to learn something - u young punk!

Now be quiet and respect your elders :rofl_200:
J/K
:cheers: Mike

32 here and love my vmax . I have always liked the vmax since it's debut in 1985. I remember my oldest brother always talking about them. And now I own one yippee..:punk:

35 now bought my VMAX when I was 31.
Not married no rug rats, and I hate to work, I have a job sitting on my ass 10 hours a night 4 nights a week being bored reading this forum. :whistlin:

bought used max in the 80s for a short time with carb kits and pipes hated it...now at 51 love everything about it,,how things change

I'm 37. I got my 92 almost 3 years ago. I had wanted one for over 10 years. Married, 2 daughters, little time to ride. I thought I'd never get rid of it. Now I'm considering selling. Believe it or not I'm craving one of two of the bikes that were just steps to get to the VMAX. I loved my 78 KZ400 and my 78 honda hawk CB400. There's just something fun about those little mopeds. You can throw them around. And they're cool/geeky in an Elvis Costello kind of way. I'd like to get a 67 or 68 cougar that the whole family could enjoy and a straight 70's 400 or so.

34 years young. It's getting harder laying on concrete working on the bike. Who wants to buy me a nice bike lift?

Its funny seeing all these younger guys here on post telling me the vmax is too fast, and then getting an R1 or Hayabusa for their first bike...because its cool to them.

Chris

Its funny seeing all these younger guys here on post telling me the vmax is too fast, and then getting an R1 or Hayabusa for their first bike...because its cool to them.

Chris

To fast? Isnt to fast like, To much Money, To Much Horsepower, To many hummers, To big of hooters I can go on and on.:rofl_200:

41 yrs young. Loved my KZ1000 , Wiseco Big Bore Kit. Mikuni Smooth Bores. But I always craved the Vmax . So It was time. May 06 Made the purchase.

Im 57, but I've had bikes non-stop for 46 years. Bajeezus that sounds old to me too! My last was a '81 1100 special that I rode for 23 years. I sold Yamahas for several years, but the place paid so crappy I could never afford a Vmax. I got my '99 Max last spring but was laid up with a kidney replacement and then a long assed winter here in N. Idaho. This year I will celebrate my new health and longer life outlooks by riding every day I can. Thanks for letting me spew!

Dang, i hang around alot of old people! just kidding of corse. Im 20 and i bought my max when i was 19. The Vmax was allways my dream bike when i was a kid, which wasnt that long ago!:thumbs up:

44 years old but younger at heart than any of ya :)
Thats why I named myself Need for Top Speed-nd4topspd:rocket bike::thumbs up:

44 - just like the number of red lights I hit riding to work this morning. And I OWNED every one of them !

Latest posts

Back