Vmax owners age?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going on 43 at the end of this month "I think"?

Yea...that short term memory is the first thing to go, isn't it? :biglaugh:

Regards,
Tom

At 60.5 yrs I'm one of the old farts here. The Max is a bit more comfy than my other slow bike --- a Black ZX 11. Slow, Slow, Slow!!!!!Cant stand those fast cars either---- The BAT WGN is a black Magnum R/T Yah--- it's got a Hemi.

What's age got to do with it anyway????? You can't tell my age untill I take my helmet off.
Lew

Ripe old 38 years old here.... Fell in love with the bike in HS like most here. I owned a bunch of old standards and a few "fast plastic" bikes mostly Ninjas. I do love my Max and I don't see it going anywhere... Besides the Yamaha logo tattoo wouldn't make sense if I got rid of the bike...lol.

Frank

64 here. My 99 Max is my 26th bike. Had everything from a single cylinder moped to a six cylinder CBX.

Wow, did I just post? I am 64 also and my current Max is my 30th bike (and 2nd Max). First bike was in 1958. A 1948 HD Hummer. Also had a 1980 CBX. :thumbs up:

Who has a fast one in this thread? I think I can say I've had a fast one or two, but that word is relative.

The fastest car I ever owned was my 1969 Chevelle SS. It came with a 396 in it, and I spent 7 years building it back in the late '80's. In the end, it was a 512 inch King Rat, GMC 8-71 blower, Nitrous Pro-fogger 300, Dana 12 inch chopped rear, Cheetah TH400 manual/auto trans, Hurst lightning rod linkage/shifter, 4 link rear suspension, solid alum driveshaft, drysump oiler, cool can, twin 1150 Holley Dominators, MSD Magneto ignition and some other odds and ends.

Her best standing quarter mile was at Dorchester Drag Strip in Charleston, SC. 7.95 seconds @ 187 mph.

She was stolen one night out of my buddys garage along with two of his Harley Davidsons. We were at bike week in Daytona back in 1992.

I've never been so heart broken in my life, short of the loss of my father a month ago. It took years to get over it.

Tom

Who has a fast one in this thread? I think I can say I've had a fast one or two, but that word is relative.

The fastest car I ever owned was my 1969 Chevelle SS. It came with a 396 in it, and I spent 7 years building it back in the late '80's. In the end, it was a 512 inch King Rat, GMC 8-71 blower, Nitrous Pro-fogger 300, Dana 12 inch chopped rear, Cheetah TH400 manual/auto trans, Hurst lightning rod linkage/shifter, 4 link rear suspension, solid alum driveshaft, drysump oiler, cool can, twin 1150 Holley Dominators, MSD Magneto ignition and some other odds and ends.

Her best standing quarter mile was at Dorchester Drag Strip in Charleston, SC. 7.95 seconds @ 187 mph.

She was stolen one night out of my buddys garage along with two of his Harley Davidsons. We were at bike week in Daytona back in 1992.

I've never been so heart broken in my life, short of the loss of my father a month ago. It took years to get over it.

Tom

That moves out. Mine that I owned was a little 306 inch Ford in a Mustang that ran 6.80's @ 101-103 spinning in the 1/8th. The one 1/4 mile pass I had I lifted and it coasted to a 10.89 @ 113. Not bad for a car I drove to work every day. :D

I see you r talking fast cars. While I was at my sisters this weekend she let me drive her toy.2008 Z06 corvette
I have driven some fast cars like my 66 ss chevelle with 396 4speed with 150 hp nos but I think her vette is the fasted car I've had the oppertunity to run through the gears. I am going to get the guts some time to line the vette up with my Vmax. When I do I will try to get someone to video it. Should be a good race!!

Fastest I ever owned was a 1978 Z28 that I built a very radical 350 destroked to 327, 4spd and a 3.73 12 bolt rear end.

It would run 12.20's all day long.

Second Fastest one I ever owned was a 1970 Pontiac Trans Am with a 370 Horse Ram Air IV 400 and 400 Turbohydramatic with 3.73 rear end. I loved that car and it's the one car I wish I still had over all the others. It was the white one with the blue stripe and the small bird, before they started using that big ugly bird on the hood.

Bone Stock.

I never ran it threw the quarter but if I had to guess it was maybe a 13 second car.

Fastest one recently was my wifes 2004 350Z we put an ATI Procharger on, it was her daily driver and would run 12.40-12.50 all day long.

Rusty

Shit, just go to my original website. I've had the pleasure of driving/owning many of the fastest musclecars. I've never had one of the caliber that Tom has.

I do have a 540" big chevy that will replace the 427 in my 68 Chevelle SS. It's tubbed, 12" (going to a 9" probably) with spool. .456 gears (took out the .488's since I am going to tag this car again). 3800 art carr convertor (took out the 4800 - again in an effort to make it "streetable"). Powerglide with brake ect...

I know the 540 will make me have to update the chassis as it won't be able to stop with the potential times it will make. I want to make 1000rwhp with that combo and will probably put an ATI procharger on it.

I am nearly done with my 95z28. It has an LT4 I got from a grandsport vette years ago. I blew the head gasket in it (thanks to a procharger and some detonation). We now have made the engine a 383 and used eagle components. Forged pistons, "H" beam rods, and stroker crank. I used SCE Titan head gaskets (I wish they made them for the Vmax - virtually unblowable). The new 220,000 psi bolts. The rotating assembly is good for 1400hp. I am planning on boosting it to get 750rwhp on pump gas and 1000 on race gas (with pulley change).

That car still has a lot of chassis work to go.

I did break down and upgrade the 6 speed to HD components (some from the viper but virtually all of it custom). The trans is good for 1000rwhp.

If I put slicks on the car it's going to blow the lame ass 10bolt sky high. As money allows I will be changing that sucker out soon and installing other stuff to beef up the chassis.

Sean

Wow, did I just post? I am 64 also and my current Max is my 30th bike (and 2nd Max). First bike was in 1958. A 1948 HD Hummer. Also had a 1980 CBX. :thumbs up:

My CBX was also an 80 model. Had it for 16 years and sold it and my 74 Trident last year to buy my Max.
I have been a member of the ICOA since 1990.

I think Tom has us all beat in terms of 1/4 mile cars. High 7's at close to 200 mph is some serious grocery hauling.

I have had some quick street/strip cars, but nothing remotely as brutal as that.

Mike

Second Fastest one I ever owned was a 1970 Pontiac Trans Am with a 370 Horse Ram Air IV 400 and 400 Turbohydramatic with 3.73 rear end. I loved that car and it's the one car I wish I still had over all the others. It was the white one with the blue stripe and the small bird, before they started using that big ugly bird on the hood.

Yes, sir...THAT is a car!

I think Tom has us all beat in terms of 1/4 mile cars. High 7's at close to 200 mph is some serious grocery hauling.

I have had some quick street/strip cars, but nothing remotely as brutal as that.

Around Charleston, it was known as "The Beast". It had quite a reputation. I loved that car so much...I mean, I poured not only every dime I had in it over 7 years of building it, but my heart and soul as well.

I still get sick to my stomach remembering getting back from Daytona and seeing the garage door of Butch's garage open, and everything in it gone.

He lost out big too. One of the Harley's they stole was a fully restored 60's model. Can't remember what type, but it was worth a lot of money, and was a really incredibly beautiful machine.

He lost over 4 grand in tools as well. I'd love to find out who did it even to this day.

Regards,
Tom

Latest posts

Back