" Blue Dots "

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
THESE REALLY LOOK COOL IN THE DARK FROM ABOUT A HUNDRED FEET , IT GLOWS LIKE AN OLD SCHOOL HOT ROD ! BAD ASS !

Attachments

• 100_0783.jpg
    100_0783.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 52
They do look cool. I don't think they're legal here in NE.

"LOL" YEA THERE NOT HEAR IN JERSEY EITHER , BUT KJ SHOVER GAVE ME HIS BRANDNEW TAIL LIGHT, INCASE THE COPS BREAK MY BALLS & OR FOR INSPECTION ! I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED THEM SINCE I WAS A LITTLE KID ! SO I HAD TO DO IT ! "LOL" :rofl_200:

JUST " THE MAN " KEEPING USE DOWN :rofl_200:YEA, OJ SIMPSON IS PLAYING GOLF & THERE WORRIED ABOUT OUR TAILLIGHTS ! MAKES SENCE !:ummm:

My stock lense cover already had one when I bought the bike.I liked it and never had any trouble here in Pa. I have the catseye LED light now.Sweet deal for $80 with a new stainless plateholder included.

THEY ARE GLASS INSERTS ( THEY MAKE PLASTIC , BUT GET GLASS ) I GOT THEM FROM www.rodncustom.com, PART # 2016 ,THEY COME WITH CHROME BEZEL'S, YOU HAVE TO HOLD YOUR FRONT BRAKE LEVER ON WITH A RUBBERBAND, AND WITH A MARKER , PUT A MARK DEAD CENTER OVER EACH TAILLIGHT BULB, REMOVE LENS , DRILL LENS ONE SIZE SMALLER THEN CHROME BEZEL'S, ( 2 HOLES ONE OVER EACH BULB ) THEN USE A DYE GRINDER ( OR A CURVED FILE )TO FIT THEM EXACTLY ! I USED A TINY BIT OF CLEAR SILICONE AROUND THE 2 BEZEL'S , APPLY THIS WITH A TOOTH-PIC , A VERY TINY AMOUNT ! WHERE THE OUTTER EDGE SITS INTO LENS & THE INNER EDGE WHERE THE GLASS BLUE DOTS SIT , THERES 4 TABS , I CUT THEM STRAIGHT UP THE MIDDLE WITH TIN SNIPS, SO THAT 4 TABS BEND OUT OVER INSIDE OF LENS & 4 BEND IN OVER REAR OF GLASS BLUE DOTS , YOU CAN SEE THEM IN THE PICTURE AT THE BEGINNING , YOU CAN'T SEE THEM IF YOU ARE 5 FEET BACK ! JUST HAVING 2 OUT & 2 IN DID'NT LOOK RIGHT TO ME ! ALSO HAVING 8 THINNER ONE'S MADE THEM EASYER TO BEND ! ALSO THE INSIDE BOTTOM OF LENS ( CLEAR PART FOR THE PLATE ) WILL NEED TO BE BLACKEND OUT ABOUT 95% FOR THE FULL AFFECT ! PERSONALY I RECOMMEND DOING THAT ON ALL MOTORCYCLES ANYWAY ! "LOL" , I'LL BE GLAD TO HELP ANYONE DO IT !:punk:

Yeah, I did my first Max with Glass Dots (only way to go) but I found an old socket that was the right size and heated it up and pushed it through the marked spot. This also served to prevent any weak spot in the plastic. I ended up doing a second set because my first set was set too low in the lense and the purple glow that red dots make did not show up properly. If I can remember correctly, the first set was dead center of the lense but that did not give the best results. Slightly higher made the telltale purple glow! My current bike is all LED so no "Dots". Hey, can someone make me a purple LED?!

Yeah, I did my first Max with Glass Dots (only way to go) but I found an old socket that was the right size and heated it up and pushed it through the marked spot. This also served to prevent any weak spot in the plastic. I ended up doing a second set because my first set was set too low in the lense and the purple glow that red dots make did not show up properly. If I can remember correctly, the first set was dead center of the lense but that did not give the best results. Slightly higher made the telltale purple glow! My current bike is all LED so no "Dots". Hey, can someone make me a purple LED?!
I WAS GOING TO PUT MINE RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE ALSO , BUT KJSHOVER SAVED ME FROM SCREWING IT UP & TOLD ME ABOUT PUTTING THEM DIRECTLY OVER THE BULBS , & YES THEY DO MAKE AFTER MARKET LED LIGHTS WITH " BLUE DOTS " ALREADY IN THEM FOR OLD CARS & HOT RODS , YOU WOULD JUST HAVE TO MAKE ONE WORK ! ELECTRICLY IT WOULD BE FINE , YOU WOULD JUST HAVE TO FIGURE OUT THE MOUNTING, ( NO BIG DEAL ) !

Oh God, redO, don't mention the poe lease around coprunner, you will only incourage his lawless behaviour.

:rofl_200:

Aftermarket Exhaust are also illegal due to they dont meet sound requirments but we run them.

:double angry bird:FTP

Hey Shawn, I'm pretty sure that you would have to do two dots, one over each tailight bulb for the right effect. When done right, you will have a distinct purple color only when you hit your brakes. While just running, it is mostly red. When checking if you have done yours right, someone needs to go back about fifty feet behind you when the brakes are hit. You won't miss it! Too kool and old skool. PATMAX

THE PROBLEM WITH THE STOCK LENS IS IT HAS SO MUCH RED ON IT ( TOP & SIDES ) THAT IT GLOWS PURPLE ONLY WITH THE TAILLIGHT LIT, BECAUSE THE PURPLE GETS OVER TAKEN BY RED WITH THE BRAKE LIGHT ON , REMEMBER A CAR TAILLIGHT ONLY HAS ONE SIDE ! IF YOU ONLY PUT ONE ON A STOCK LENS , IT WON'T BE OVER A BULB , & THERE WON'T BE ANY PURPLE GLOW AT ALL !!!!! BUT I'M ALWAY'S OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS , " ON HOW TO DO THINGS RIGHT " " LOL " :rofl_200:

they are illegal because it is illegal to have any blue flashing lights on a vehicle - they are reserved for police vehicles.
FYI , ALL OF OUR FIRETRUCKS HAVE FLASHING BLUE & RED LIGHTS ON THEM , SAME AS THE POLICE CARS , ALSO THE ONLY COLOR A FIREFIGHTER IN HIS PERSONAL VEHICLE CAN HAVE IS BLUE ! ONLY THE CHIEF CAN HAVE RED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS IN MONMOUTH COUNTY NEW JERSEY ! WHEN I WATCH "COPS" I BELIEVE ITS , DADE COUNTY FLORIDA THE POLICE CARS ARE WHITE WITH GREEN STRIPES , AND HAVE ALL GREEN FLASHING LIGHTS ON THEM !!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back