Divorce

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I asked her if we could go but she doesn't want to. She even said she had no desire to even try. Wtf?

Everyone come over and I'll supply food, booze, a place to sleep, and if your lucky you can hook up with my wife :bang head: :bang head: :bang head:

I feel your pain....my first wife did the same thing to me and left me; I tried to convince her to go marriage counseling and her response was "You can go if you want to, but I don't want to!"

I wish my max was running or I would. Would love to meet up with everyone but I can't make any noticeable progress on the machine so I can blow off some steam, and I was planning on buying a second one to have while I get this one straighten out but paying for a divorce is going to screw that up. :damn angry::damn angry:

Why don't we all help this Brother out and get him on the road? Parts, $$, or both? Tech advice.[/QUOTE]

+1....what do you need to get it running?

Never been divorced but have had my fair share kick me to the curb... my advise, hit the weights, hit a punching bag, tinker with your bike, but for the love of God, dont hit the bottle!! Stay as sober as possible til your back to mostly normal.

Thanks guys. Unfortunately we do have a young son (10 months old) who is caught up in the middle of it. I told her last night she needs to go cause I'm tired of looking at her, but we'll see what comes out of this.

I wish my max was running or I would. Would love to meet up with everyone but I can't make any noticeable progress on the machine so I can blow off some steam, and I was planning on buying a second one to have while I get this one straighten out but paying for a divorce is going to screw that up. :damn angry::damn angry:

What Pop sad was right on....one of you will become the custodial parent and the other won't; my ex wanted out of the marriage because she was unhappy about me getting a medical discharge from the Air Force but more importantly, for her, she found herself another guy to be with....when we divorced, she became the custodial parent, where as I was relegated to "visitor" and with that "privilege", I had every other weekends and holidays to visit my daughter and to pay child support. To add insult to injury, if I was even late in paying, I would get threats of jail time. Now when it was time for my visitation, as long as I notified her via registered mail of the days of said visitation, she was obliged to approve, as long as she didn't have any plans for those days.....in other words, I got royally screwed!!!

Twenty five years later, my daughter and I have a much better relationship; we were estranged for almost 7 years because of the stories of lies her mother had told about me, and I had to fill in those gaps with the truth.

Hopefully, for you, the family courts today might be a little more fair and lenient should you become the noncustodial parent. Like Trauma said, if you need help getting your bike back in running order, there are a lot of us here who would love to help you out!!! Good luck to you...

Damn Frank sounds like you married the same fucking cunt I did the first time . Just guessing was her name BITCH ?

Hahaha!!! You know it Mars!!! But payback, even however many years later is sweet!!! The guy she married gave her everything she ever wanted, huge house fancy car and probably clothes and jewelry; but according to my daughter, they've fallen on hard times. Her husband has been laid off for the past few months, has been unable to find a comparable paying job, and they are facing the possibility of losing everything...I really hate that for her!!!

Guys I really appreciate all the support here. I'm gonna try to have this thing up, running and ready for thunder.
I'm having trouble with my clutch master, rebuilt it but its still leaking and not building up pressure. Was talking to Steve and he suggested honing it out but I'll post a pic when I pull it off.
Someone offered to help me with the carbs so that's taken care of so the only thing really left is the wheels (super oxidized) and assembling the wheel and securing it properly, along with securing the rear fender and tail light. But Steve offered some advice about sanding the rim where the bead surface is and then painting the wheel after that

If it's a front wheel I will give you one not perfect but mostly less work for ya . I can deliver too if ya point in the direction of damn good seafood restaurant .. buffet even better !!

If it's a front wheel I will give you one not perfect but mostly less work for ya . I can deliver too if ya point in the direction of damn good seafood restaurant .. buffet even better !!

Can you send me a pic of it? So I can compare it to my current one? and I could meet you half way for it man.

I took the master off, but the damn snapring pliers I have wont fit down inside to get the snapring out so I have to take it to work tomorrow to get it out. After that I'll try to take a pic of the inside of it cause that is where I think the problem lies.

Are there any camp grounds near Thunder? Thinking that might be cheaper than the hotel

Never been divorced but have had my fair share kick me to the curb... my advise, hit the weights, hit a punching bag, tinker with your bike, but for the love of God, dont hit the bottle!! Stay as sober as possible til your back to mostly normal.

Thanks. I'll definitely be taking it slow with the bottle. I've only had a few the past couple weeks, to just help take the edge off and get some sleep and I've even given up coffee

Can you send me a pic of it? So I can compare it to my current one? and I could meet you half way for it man.

I took the master off, but the damn snapring pliers I have wont fit down inside to get the snapring out so I have to take it to work tomorrow to get it out. After that I'll try to take a pic of the inside of it cause that is where I think the problem lies.

Are there any camp grounds near Thunder? Thinking that might be cheaper than the hotel

Thanks. I'll definitely be taking it slow with the bottle. I've only had a few the past couple weeks, to just help take the edge off and get some sleep and I've even given up coffee

Not much help but your willing to sleep in my enclosed trailer in the parking lot if I make it for sure

She is asking to leave? Then I would say, goodbye and don't be asking for anything. State law may dictate otherwise. Or past digression may work in your favor come custody discussions.
Counseling? It may have some merit but I think you are just prolonging the inevitable. Go man, run. Try singleness or find that special woman that's out there.

Not much help but your willing to sleep in my enclosed trailer in the parking lot if I make it for sure

Thanks Kyle, I'll keep that in mind, but thinking one or both of my brothers might come up with me.

She is asking to leave? Then I would say, goodbye and don't be asking for anything. State law may dictate otherwise. Or past digression may work in your favor come custody discussions.
Counseling? It may have some merit but I think you are just prolonging the inevitable. Go man, run. Try singleness or find that special woman that's out there.

Yeah man I don't really have any other choice so I gotta make the best of it. (if that's even possible).

Guys I really appreciate all the support here. I'm gonna try to have this thing up, running and ready for thunder.
I'm having trouble with my clutch master, rebuilt it but its still leaking and not building up pressure. Was talking to Steve and he suggested honing it out but I'll post a pic when I pull it off.
Someone offered to help me with the carbs so that's taken care of so the only thing really left is the wheels (super oxidized) and assembling the wheel and securing it properly, along with securing the rear fender and tail light. But Steve offered some advice about sanding the rim where the bead surface is and then painting the wheel after that

When I got my new (used) wheels a few years back they were heavily oxidized. I ended up sanding them down to 250 grit then all the way back up to 3000 grit. If you go paint them they will take care of the oxidation but I'd suggest powder coating since it's more durable.

Sure hope you can make thunder next month. It's surely one event not to miss.

MVM ,
Send the wheels to me ( I am in Michigan ) and I ll powder coat them for you no charge, just pay shipping. Master cylinder I looked and don't have any extra's laying around, can't help you there.

If you want email me [email protected]

I feel your pain, I was married for awhile and it didnt work either. But honestly. It was the best thing that ever happened to me ( divorce ). I know people say that and sometimes people just say it, but it honestly was like a huge weight lifted off me.

If you need someone to talk to, I am a good listener.

Todd

She told me that "She found another guy that made her vagina tingle"... Wha the f*%#?!
Whatever... i told her I was going back to my first love... the VMAX and it how it made my balls tingle.
Brother doesn't have to be a VMAX, any ride will do ya... BEST THERAPY in the world. If you think of anything other than riding, you could be dead.
Good luck with your healing process.
And f*%# her and her "fuzz nuts".

Veteran of the big "D" here as well.

Good advise above, so I only have a couple things to add.

1) The miserable feeling does in fact get better. You will be happy again, you just need to get over the temporary suck.

2) Get a good lawyer....NOW! Look for one that views divorce as a business deal. Your goal is to get out of the whole miserable shit sandwich as cheaply as possible. It is not about who is right or who is wrong or who said what to whom. It is about getting out. There may be things that you give up that just gripe your ass, but you do it because to fight over it, even if you are in the right, is more expensive than conceding.

3) Follow above referenced lawyer's advice diligently and to the letter. You are emotionally wrapped up in this mess, he is not. Every time I tried to be the nice guy and went against my attorney's advice, I got "F'ed".

4) Lastly, do you know why divorce is so expensive?......Because it is worth it....every f'ing penny of it.

Divorce sucks, went through it once and hopefully I'll never have to go through it again. I can tell you this though, when it happened, back in 95, I was DEVASTATED. Lost both of my young kids, she pretty much emptied the contents of our house while I was at work, and found out later on she had been cheating with my EX best friend. It was a mess, and I was hurt and depressed. It lasted a good couple years, but I can tell you this. It turned out to be the VERY BEST THING that ever happened to me! I know that's hard to picture now, but if she's as bad as my ex, you'll come to the same conclusion, eventually. I remarried in 2000, fixin' to be 15 years with my 2nd wife, and she is 100 times better than my first wife! Everything worked out for me, and it will for you too, just keep busy and TRY to avoid the drugs and alcohol. It may help a bit at first, but it's definitely the wrong path to take, trust me on this one!!!! :punk:

Latest posts

Back