anyone using Icon elsinore boots?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The mongrel

Reaction score
I'm loving the look of these boots but looking for opinions from actual users

I know they are stiff as hell from new but do they break in pretty well?
I'm not into boots you cant walk around in.

'Nother thing is how warm are they....wearable in summer?

Cheers all

I'm looking at the same ones... they look pretty sturdy and It sounds like if I was wearing them during a plane crash, my lower legs would be found in tact. I'd like to know about walking around ability too. I ride to fish, and don't want to have to pack shoes in my backpack too. The reviews make them sound pretty stiff.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I'd seen their video but not the actual, site thanks
I asked on here wondering if some folk had had them for a while and how they've lasted
But reading that the shifter panel is stitched into a cutout in the boot puts me off

Quite a few mention concerns about quality too
My redwings are in a similar price range and still going strong after 12 years or so
Hmmm, think i'll pass on these

Just been surfing around for an alternative boot and came across HD branded 'axel performance' boots

I thought they look pretty cool.....right up until i realised its says "HARLEY DAVIDSON" at least 6 times on each boot
6 times! Ffs!.....seriously, what is it with harley stuff?

Its adds $30 to the price for each occurance and will hold steady value after 3 yrs, lol.

If you wear Icon Elsinore boots you need to have skinny jeans, a flannel shirt, and facial hair to complete the ensemble. Alternatively, you can be a chick. Lots of chicks wear em too. :biglaugh:

They are hipster poser boots. Your machine of choice would be the cheapest running motorcycle you can find on craigslist. You need to spray bomb it black. Wrap the exhaust. And flip the handlebars upside down.

You would be seen wearing said outfit on said motorcycle on your way to starbucks to buy a grande-mocha-frapa-chino-latte-spresso.

All kidding aside, I think they look pretty good. They remind of the old hi point motocross boots.

If you wear Icon Elsinore boots you need to have skinny jeans, a flannel shirt, and facial hair to complete the ensemble. Alternatively, you can be a chick. Lots of chicks wear em too. :biglaugh:

They are hipster poser boots. Your machine of choice would be the cheapest running motorcycle you can find on craigslist. You need to spray bomb it black. Wrap the exhaust. And flip the handlebars upside down.

You would be seen wearing said outfit on said motorcycle on your way to starbucks to buy a grande-mocha-frapa-chino-latte-spresso.

All kidding aside, I think they look pretty good. They remind of the old hi point motocross boots.

Haha nice one. You are right but when you look as roughneck as i do you can pull it off without going hipster.....people will just assume i'v had them since the 80's :biglaugh:

The cut out for the shifter panel is enough to put me off.....why would you cut a lump of leather out of the upper like that? Its just not how you make a pair of boots imo

Yeah mr pliskin's look is slightly too motley cru for me to pull off......i do want to watch escape from new york again now though lol

I ordered the Elsinores.

I love them, but they are of course, super stiff. Like I maybe need to pour a beer on them, drag them through some mud, and drive over them a couple times. The shifter patch is not a cut out, it'd an added, textured piece of leather. We'll see how many blisters I get breaking them in.

I've had a pair of Dr martens for the last 6 ish years and they have been great, so we'll see if the Icons hold up to how I feel about the old Docs. Got the Docs because of an article in Easy Riders a decade or so ago. They tested several brands of riding boots, and proved (by dragging them at high speeds) that Docs held up the best that the time.

Good to know the shifter pad is not a cut out. Let us know how they loosen up over time

I'v decided to stick with my redwings as a general bike boot and since i am having a dual sport this year i'll get some tall forma adventure boots for off road and winter on road use

I like mine

I've been wearing the Elsinores off an on for a month.

Mostly on little fishing trips, intentionally trying to get them a little wet and hopefully soften up. I've probably put 5 walking miles on them. No blisters really...but....they are STILL like walking with a couple of 2x4's strapped to my feet.

Riding my new Vmax in the AM for the 1st time, and for as long as I can stand the cold and hoping the stiffness won't affect my shifting. Other than the rigidity of them, I love them. Quality is top notch....I stand by my belief that if I was wearing them during an airplane crash, my lower legs would be found in tact.

Back