CBR tail light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the fitting post,with all them wires it must have built in indicators.I found this one,a lot better price and only three wires.Am gonna put clear indicator lenses on my max,i think this will look good. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262955365146?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Thanks for the fitting post,with all them wires it must have built in indicators.I found this one,a lot better price and only three wires.Am gonna put clear indicator lenses on my max,i think this will look good. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/262955365146?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

The LED one have yellow flasher integrated thats why it got two more wires
Also they blink three times when braking, wich is verry secure
Pretty simple to plug on the VMax
But incandecent model wont do all this

:ummm::ummm:I just cant tell, would it have the brigthness and durability of the original (motodynamics) :ummm::ummm:
Have mine since 4 or 5 years without any issue

After your choice`s done; some stick the lens under the plastic fender (pretty easy) as shown in VMF post

For myself; i did modify the fender steel frame to bolt in the new lens (it`s bolt in, not glued) wich is hard work; who needs welding, cutting and braking steel sheet.:punk:

:ummm::ummm:I just cant tell, would it have the brigthness and durability of the original (motodynamics) :ummm::ummm:
Have mine since 4 or 5 years without any issue

After your choice`s done; some stick the lens under the plastic fender (pretty easy) as shown in VMF post

For myself; i did modify the fender steel frame to bolt in the new lens (it`s bolt in, not glued) wich is hard work; who needs welding, cutting and braking steel sheet.:punk:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/182535253714?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Your right,best get the real deal.Av opted for this one, gonna do the same mod as yours.cheers.

I'd do the diode mod in the gauge unit.

No resistor for me, and I'm not having any issue.. and it fixes the voltage leak from the signal turn gauge bulb.

I can swap incandescent and LED turn signals lights without ever having to worry about resistors again.

I found my picture of this project i did

I did it without glued it, its all bolt as it should
A little bit tricky :bang head:

I found my picture of this project i did

I did it without glued it, its all bolt as it should
A little bit tricky :bang head:

Attachments

• DSC00011.jpg
    DSC00011.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00008.jpg
    DSC00008.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC00009.jpg
    DSC00009.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC00010b.jpg
    DSC00010b.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00013.jpg
    DSC00013.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00012.jpg
    DSC00012.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00014b.jpg
    DSC00014b.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00007.jpg
    DSC00007.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 62
  • DSC00003.jpg
    DSC00003.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 64
Hello from Quebec City. Found your post looking for tips before starting the CBR mod on my 2007, great work on yours! Motodynamics has 2 models: clear and smoke. My max is black so I was getting ready to buy the smoke version but a question just popped about the licence plate light, or absence of! I guess when you incline the plate up, the unit serves as plate light? Then maybe I should go with clear lens to avoid KGB questioning? Thanks

On the CBR light I fitted there was no number plate light illumination.

I fitted to small lamps (the round black blobs) to take care of this.SAM_1773.JPG

On the CBR light I fitted there was no number plate light illumination.

I fitted to small lamps (the round black blobs) to take care of this.View attachment 74313
Great idea, and these look good. On mine are just dull bolts, just waiting to get trashed! 2 questions : are your lights self-powered or ignition-wire-battery-connected? And where can I get those? Thanks in advance

They are wired in to the tail light so come on with the ignition.

These are the sort of things you want. Note that the SS pillars that they go through is something I added.

Back