i CHAIN LUBE

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chain lube contains 'thinners', so that it can be sprayed out of the can. People make the mistake of lubing the chain before they ride. The best time to lube the chain is the day before or the night before, to allow all the thinners to evaporate overnight, which just leaves the lube on the chain and shouldn't come off when riding.

That's what I wound up doing , lubed the chain and then me and my son went for a Cruise 3 days later and there was ZERO SLING , I WAS SHOCKED !

Last edited:
I remember being taught to lube it just after a ride when the chain is warm so it soaks into the gaps and also assists evaporation of solvents.

Last chain drive bike I owned was a 1976 XS650. Got a Virago in '81. But I still have a vintage can of chain lube in the garage. For the Max's speedo cable.

Last chain drive bike I owned was a 1976 XS650. Got a Virago in '81. But I still have a vintage can of chain lube in the garage. For the Max's speedo cable.

That's funny , I buy a ton of shit I never use too !

Last edited:
Back