water injection?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copilot777

Reaction score
Ok here is what I want to do .
AS everyone knows My bike is supercharged !!
so I want to build a water /alcohol injection system to atomize into the air of my intake to cool the boosted air , cooler air = more Hp and tq . so any sites that may help or info is greatly appreciated . Thanks ,Jason:confused2:

No, Yankee, pissing in the intakes is not a viable suggestion. :biglaugh:

How about a Big Mamma Burrito Injection:ummm:

Your on the right track man, unfortuntetly I dont have any knowledge in that dept. Its funny you mentioned water injection. Here is a lil story I will share with ya..
Today I was getting ready for work as usual a few cups of coffee, a few ciggs and within 30 mins its like magic yupp you guessed..
So as I was sitting on the throne I reached behind me to pull the latest Summit Racing Catalog out to look for ideas for Klokers Tach which is taking some time, but I am on track now just have to get it together Hang in there with me Kloker...
Ooops off topic damn, I noticed some new products about water, cooler lines injection etc.. Check out Summit Racing! Or Jegs basically the same thing..
To Much horespower you say:ummm:
Your crazy thats like saying
to much money
to much pu**y
bQQbs to big
To Drunk

As the list goes on you get the deal:clapping:

Ok here is what I want to do .
AS everyone knows My bike is supercharged !!
so I want to build a water /alcohol injection system to atomize into the air of my intake to cool the boosted air , cooler air = more Hp and tq . so any sites that may help or info is greatly appreciated . Thanks ,Jason:confused2:

I run a 50/50 mix of water/methanol injected post blower on my Avalanche. I make a major difference in the IAT (inlet ait temp). I've seen the IAT drop by as much as 40 degrees when it starts spraying.

My controller is adjustable for both starting point in boost psi and max spray. I keep it set to start spraying at 2# of boost and max out at 8#. It stays at full spray from that point on up. FYI, I'm topping out at 11# of boost at 6200.

There are a few companies that make universal kits for blown or turbo car/trucks. My kit was custom built by SMC Enterprises. I went with them because their shop is only 25 miles from me and he agreed to build a kit customized to fit my truck.

http://www.smcenterprises.com/

Snow Performance also has a good rep:

http://www.snowperformance.net/

Here's a good article about water/meth injection:

http://www.bigshotdyno.com/Acoolmist.html

HTH

I run a 50/50 mix of water/methanol injected post blower on my Avalanche. I make a major difference in the IAT (inlet ait temp). I've seen the IAT drop by as much as 40 degrees when it starts spraying.

My controller is adjustable for both starting point in boost psi and max spray. I keep it set to start spraying at 2# of boost and max out at 8#. It stays at full spray from that point on up. FYI, I'm topping out at 11# of boost at 6200.

There are a few companies that make universal kits for blown or turbo car/trucks. My kit was custom built by SMC Enterprises. I went with them because their shop is only 25 miles from me and he agreed to build a kit customized to fit my truck.

http://www.smcenterprises.com/

Snow Performance also has a good rep:

http://www.snowperformance.net/

Here's a good article about water/meth injection:

http://www.bigshotdyno.com/Acoolmist.html

HTH
awesome thank you , I:punk: will be checking into that

I have run the Snow water/ meth kit on my 91 supercharged mustang for 4 years now. It is a great kit. for your set up I would get the most adjustable kit you can buy. You main issue will be mounting the resivoir/pump and rest of the kit. BTW to get any hp inprovment wiht a water/meth kit you need to be able to advance your timming.

I have run the Snow water/ meth kit on my 91 supercharged mustang for 4 years now. It is a great kit. for your set up I would get the most adjustable kit you can buy. You main issue will be mounting the resivoir/pump and rest of the kit. BTW to get any hp inprovment wiht a water/meth kit you need to be able to advance your timming.
That will not be a problem , I am running the dyna 3000 unit so timing is in the bag. thx:eusa_dance:

BTW to get any hp inprovment wiht a water/meth kit you need to be able to advance your timming.

I should have mentioned that. It's 100% correct. Water/alky injection by itself will not gain any thing BUT it will allow you to run more boost or timing advance than with out it, thus the power gain.

I was getting detonation with 7 psi of boost on my truck. I installed the meth kit and went to 10# of boost at the same time. It got rid of all detonation even with the higher boost pressure and the same timing. Sine then, I've added about 5 more degrees of timing advance to it. It woke it up big time.

I pulled 407rwhp/412rwtq on the motor alone. With a 60 shot of nitrous, post blower, it pulled 462rwhp/499rwtq. That's not too shabby for a 5.3 having to spin an auto trans, a transfer case, and 33" tires.

ordered my water injection kit from snow performance . I will keep everyone updated on the overall install and performance , Mainly I wanted the setup to reduce the heat build up in my engine from running 12 psi of boost , The guy from snow performance said the kit he is sending me will flow before the supercharger thus cooling the supercharger as well as the intake air .and I should be able to advance my ignition curve back up some more . :eusa_dance:

Can I ask how this kit worked? Not looking for more power but way to manage heat win I am riding at high speeds for extended time.

I'd suggest to do some research. Many of the kits will include a boost sensor switch that you can use to turn on the injection system at a given amount of boost. If it was on all the time you'd need a very large reservoir! It's usually just on for when it's under heavier loads.

I had my own shop for 25 years.We specialized in Buick Grand Nationals.It was all we worked on.Meth injection was on 75% of our street cars and made a huge difference.On race cars with race fuel it didn't add much but on street cars with street fuel it was night and day.My twin turbo GN ran 8.72 @ 158.

Back