Carb sync tool for less than $25

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made this for about 12 bucks - some tubing, ATF & a piece of plywood. Syncs all 4 at once. Works great, just ask Uncle Philthy. There's an old thread somewhere with all the specifics.

Man, I bow down to you guys making these awesome sync tools. I'm a DIY kinda guy, yet I gave in an ordered a CarbTune. How embarrassing.

Yea I totally love Rich's one - it looks fantastic and am sure works perfectly. Only downer is it's not really that portable now, is it? LOL

I gave in and bought a carbtune as well, I like it as it uses rods rather than liquid, and it fits in my toolbox no problem ;-)

Here's a bad pic. I thought somebody had made it a sticky in the carb section but I guess not.

carsynctool.jpg

Sobe bottles - Two
Rubber corks - Two
Clear fuel line

The transfer fuel line that goes from one bottle to the other must go to the bottom of each. The fuel tube that goes to the carb must only barely get passed the cork. Fill one bottle half full and dump half into the other bottle. Drill corks for a snug fit on the fuel tube and attatch. You sync one side, you sync the other side, then you sync the two sides together. :D
Can you smoke out of it too?? LOL:rofl_200:
<<Dave>>

I'm working on a bowl-adapter for my sync-tool. VmaxinID - will you be the test-pilot ? :biglaugh: I'm talking about a "float bowl" adapter - yeah, that's what it is...

I made this for about 12 bucks - some tubing, ATF & a piece of plywood. Syncs all 4 at once. Works great, just ask Uncle Philthy. There's an old thread somewhere with all the specifics.

Holy Crap Batman :surprise: It's THE BEAST:eek:h yeah:

My CarbTune came in today, looks pretty cool. Not as cool as these homemade contraptions, I still bown down.

I made one based on richwrench's thread way back - I call it the "Frankensync" works good too

Just got a carbtune from Sheldon (moneypit) for cheap, so I guess I'll retire the frankensync.

Mike

got it in today...

pretty simple design... cheap tho so its all good

did a synch.. the didn't seem too bad, but i definitely felt when it finally synched, as the rpms went from 1000-1100 to about 1600 and wanted to stay there for idle.

took her out and she ran pretty damn good. accel from 110mph to 130 mph was greatly improved...

i synched 1 to 2. then 3 to 4. then i took 1 to 4 (or 3) not sure which one and set it all that way.. seems to be good to go! got the directions from marks write-up...

I'm considering making one of these myself. But I might try more along the lines of the carbtune. Anyone know what material the rods are? Aluminum Stainless? roughly the size 1/4"x 3"? If I make it I dont want to make them too heavy to prevent it from working. Also what diameter tubing are you guys using?

I'm a little confused with this sync tool - after you balance 1 & 2 (using left front carb as base carb), do you put the two hoses on the 3 & 4 carb manifold? Or do you leave one hose on the base carb and hook the other hose to each successive manifold port?

And when balancing 1 & 2 with 3 & 4 (using the second screw on the right side) how do the tubes go then? Thanks for any help.

I'm a little confused with this sync tool - after you balance 1 & 2 (using left front carb as base carb), do you put the two hoses on the 3 & 4 carb manifold? Or do you leave one hose on the base carb and hook the other hose to each successive manifold port?

And when balancing 1 & 2 with 3 & 4 (using the second screw on the right side) how do the tubes go then? Thanks for any help.

Sync left side carbs..........sync right side carbs.....then pick a carb from the right and one from the left to sync side to side......

Repeat the process just to make sure you got it right.......and you are done....

10 minute job:eusa_dance:

Sync left side carbs..........sync right side carbs.....then pick a carb from the right and one from the left to sync side to side......

Repeat the process just to make sure you got it right.......and you are done....

10 minute job:eusa_dance:

kyle may have other advice about rubber plugs. maybe?:confused2:

I've looked on ebay, apparently they no longer offer the item, so it's time to build either a sobe setup or the ATF setup.

Mayhap someone can take some pictures of the ebay setup and it can be replicated

I've looked on ebay, apparently they no longer offer the item, so it's time to build either a sobe setup or the ATF setup.

Mayhap someone can take some pictures of the ebay setup and it can be replicated

I found it by using the # 30 post info.

I just bought one of these units I hope it works as good as the reviews!Is there a special way to use this unit on a vmax?

Latest posts

Back