What year will the "new" VMax appear?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When will the "new" VMax appear?

Votes: 19 14.2%

Votes: 54 40.3%

Votes: 36 26.9%
  • NEVER!

Votes: 25 18.7%

• Total voters
M

Mad Max

Take the poll.. what year do you think the newly designed VMax will appear... if ever!

It better show up in the Fall of 2007 because I'm not getting any younger and the money is burning a hole in my britches.

Ive been hearing rumors for a few years now. But recently there seems to be some truth to them. A guy I ride with already has a deposit down at our local dealer "in case" it come sout in 07

We need more people voting on this poll!:6:

It's hard to say. It may come out in 2007 as a 2008 model? Who knows? We may never see it?

I just hope that they mak a real statement with it and not yuppify it to please the masses. I like having a "Cult" bike!

if the power numbers that are rumored are even close to accurate this bike will sell like crazy. The current market seems to want to have the "fastest" bike out there.

ratmax said:
i was told by my local yam dealer in uk that dec 06 the new max is out:rocket bike:

I find that hard to believe! Maybe Dec '07, but there is no way you'll see it at the end of this year. The bike they had at that show looked like it was only half finished.

As long as we are dumb enough to buy the model that has not changed since 85 why should they?

ratman, you're not buying into that supposedly "dreaded O ring problem", are you? A bunch of dummies are running around and yelling "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" and yet can't produce any actual evidence that the so called "misplaced O ring" has ever caused a problem. If it was a problem, don't you think that the factory would have changed it in the last 21 years? Just more smoke from the so called "techies" that also did the furbur fix. LOL What a joke!!!

Oh how well I remember the day during New Year's holiday back in '85 when my local dealer first asked me if I had seen a pic of Yamaha's "new V-Max". I had taken my '79 XS1100 in for some service. I said, "What is it?". I didn't much like that very first glimpse of the new bike, but after taking a color brochure home with me (to be polite) and then reading the specs, I had to have one. Went back by January's end and put a hefty deposit down to be the first owner in my neck of the woods.

March 3, 1985 I rode my new Max home in total awe. I am still awed at times. I hope the new Max creates as much hype and awe as the first series has. Who knows, at 46, perhaps I can still go faster.

jfeagins said:
Oh how well I remember the day during New Year's holiday back in '85 when my local dealer first asked me if I had seen a pic of Yamaha's "new V-Max". I had taken my '79 XS1100 in for some service. I said, "What is it?". I didn't much like that very first glimpse of the new bike, but after taking a color brochure home with me (to be polite) and then reading the specs, I had to have one. Went back by January's end and put a hefty deposit down to be the first owner in my neck of the woods.

March 3, 1985 I rode my new Max home in total awe. I am still awed at times. I hope the new Max creates as much hype and awe as the first series has. Who knows, at 46, perhaps I can still go faster.
Your just a young pup compared to me. I'm waiting for the new edition to come out and hope it's twice as powerful as the one now. I'm not so much into FAST and don't look forward to 200 mph+, but I need the pull where the eye balls are pushed somewhere to the back of the skull. Just thinking about that kind of power makes my mouth salivate.

If and when it comes, and if it comes with the high HP numbers that we've heard it will come with, it will also come with a lot of hype. If not by Yamaha themselves, then by the big three motorcycle magazines.

The shame of it will be that for so many it will be the first time that they've ever even heard of the Vmax. For the true Vmax loyalist, it'll be the second coming.

Then you'll have every nimrod and their red headed, nimrod bastard, step brother running out and buying 'em without a clue as to what they're getting. Every wheelie riding punk, crotch rocket rider to every fat bastard that rides the big metric cruisers will want to get the NEW Vmax A ride.

Vmax93 said:
If and when it comes, and if it comes with the high HP numbers that we've heard it will come with, it will also come with a lot of hype. If not by Yamaha themselves, then by the big three motorcycle magazines.

The shame of it will be that for so many it will be the first time that they've ever even heard of the Vmax. For the true Vmax loyalist, it'll be the second coming.

Then you'll have every nimrod and their red headed, nimrod bastard, step brother running out and buying 'em without a clue as to what they're getting. Every wheelie riding punk, crotch rocket rider to every fat bastard that rides the big metric cruisers will want to get the NEW Vmax A ride.
Tim, why so many sour grapes? It's a free country and everybody gets to choose their ride. It's called evolution and many VMOA members have been bitching about Yamaha NOT updating the old iron horse. Now that it WILL happen, some want to pour water on the fire. Hype? Perhaps, but it will have what a lot of us have been looking for. Instead of throwing thousands of $$$$ into the old and upgrading it a little bit, many will spend their money on a finished product that has a lot more than you could EVER put in the old iron horse, no matter how much you sink into it. Hey, the VMOA need not change one bit and all who want can hang on to the original version and talk about what oil is best, the dreaded "O" ring problem, the furbur fix <chuckle> and tweaking those complicated adjustment screws on the carbs. Personally I can't wait for the NEW and as far as being a PURIST and remaining loyal to the original, you have that right and I won't deny you your choice or criticize it. More than likely, the new Maxers will probably form their own group and won't interfere with the purists. So, no worries, as they say Down Under. Keep smiling.

Last edited:
Vmax93 said:

LOL... you should tell us how you REALLY feel about these things! :D
I don't think the new VMax will win over the squid\crotch rocket crowd as it will still look too much like a cruiser to them and I'm sure the myth that it can't corner will still follow it.

No sour grapes here Mike! I welcome the second generation Vmax with open arms. My point is that all of the "loyalists", as you call them, have stuck by their Vmaxes with all of its idiosyncrasies, through think and thin, good and bad and they are the people most deserving of the new Vmax.

If it weren't for them the Vmax would have been in the history books long ago.

Now, if and when a new Vmax comes out all of the punk crotch rocket riders and the fat bastard metric cruiser riders are going to want the latest, hottest E ticket ride. They're all going to act is if they've always liked, wanted, supported the original Vmax and that they are part of the reason a new Vmax was developed......get my point?

As far as the VMOA goes. They shouldn't start a new club, association, group or division......whatever. It's a Vmax and the VMOA is for Vmax owners.

Last edited:
Vmax93 said:
No sour grapes here Mike! I welcome the second generation Vmax with open arms. My point is that all of the "loyalists", as you call them, have stuck by their Vmaxes with all of its idiosyncrasies, through think and thin, good and bad and they are the people most deserving of the new Vmax.

If it weren't for them the Vmax would have been in the history books long ago.

Now, if and when a new Vmax comes out all of the punk crotch rocket riders and the fat bastard metric cruiser riders are going to want the latest, hottest E ticket ride. They're all going to act is if they've always liked, wanted, supported the original Vmax and that they are part of the reason a new Vmax was developed......get my point?

As far as the VMOA goes. They shouldn't start a new club, association, group or division......whatever. It's a Vmax and the VMOA is for Vmax owners.
I get your point Tim. I think that most of the carvers and, as you call them "the fat bastard metric cruiser riders" will still stick to what suits them the best. By fat bastard I'm assuming you're talking about the size of the bikes. The VMOA is always looking for new members and with more interest in the NEW Max, things look good for them, perhaps. As for me and many others that have/are quitting the organization because it's mostly run by a few hooligans (you not included), we're more comfortable in a group that wants to help each other without any "gods" to bow to. Have you ever thought about leaving the dark side or do you NEED to be a member of a cult? With your smarts and fairness, you would be a big asset to ANY forum. Just asking!

Latest posts

Back