3D Metal Printer Access- Project Ideas?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conman

Reaction score
Basically I've been given free and basically unlimited access to a 3D metal printer and can make whatever I want out of aluminum, as long as it's within 28x28x36cm. It's ideal for making things that can't be produced through typical machining.

Any sweet I deas for what I should make? I was thinking some sort of scoop design, possibly a "woven" look. Unfortunately I'm also limited by my CAD abilities haha. Im looking for artistic inspiration here, preferably Vmax/motorcycle themed.

Basically I've been given free and basically unlimited access to a 3D metal printer and can make whatever I want out of aluminum, as long as it's within 28x28x36cm. It's ideal for making things that can't be produced through typical machining.

Any sweet I deas for what I should make? I was thinking some sort of scoop design, possibly a "woven" look. Unfortunately I'm also limited by my CAD abilities haha. Im looking for artistic inspiration here, preferably Vmax/motorcycle themed.
That's sweet, as far as ideas I have a few based on some chrome or aluminum parts I would like to add to my vmax.
That being some scoop inlet covers (don't know if that's what they are actually called) and radiator covers. Let me know if you start produce anything like that
Other idea that might not take much programming would be lower intake covers.
If you start popping out some parts let me know. Would love some custom aluminum.
Damn mod monkey has a bad itch for shiny parts.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Those are cool for sure. We've got all the new toys at the day job but can't use them for personal stuff (bummer). The deposited metal machines aren't good enough for structural stuff yet but it's always getting better! I think they started playing with the deposited titanium the other day. Man it's great to be out of the stone age lol.

Scoops, side covers, manifold covers, radiator side covers, stator/clutch/middle gear covers or insets, pegs, forward controls, shock caps, hand levers, shifter, brake pedal, handle bar clamp, carb stacks, swing arm bolt cover, differential fill bolt, misc caps for bolts and nuts...that should get you started.

Oh, aluminum replacements for the plastic "neck covers" on either side of the faux tank

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's sweet, as far as ideas I have a few based on some chrome or aluminum parts I would like to add to my vmax.
That being some scoop inlet covers (don't know if that's what they are actually called) and radiator covers. Let me know if you start produce anything like that
Other idea that might not take much programming would be lower intake covers.
If you start popping out some parts let me know. Would love some custom aluminum.
Damn mod monkey has a bad itch for shiny parts.

That's a good idea, and since they're basically 2d I could get pretty intricate with the design without much CAD effort. With the scoop inserts I'm sure I could make quite a few (maybe a dozen). Bigger stuff would be maybe 2-3 parts. Time and material are the big limit here. Def won't be taking mass production orders.

That's a good idea, and since they're basically 2d I could get pretty intricate with the design without much CAD effort. With the scoop inserts I'm sure I could make quite a few (maybe a dozen). Bigger stuff would be maybe 2-3 parts. Time and material are the big limit here. Def won't be taking mass production orders.
Right? Once you had the size and holes laid out for bolts everything else would be design preference. Like a fire breathing lion riding a vmax with a six shooter on his hip and a pin up lioness riding on back. I'll take that on a radiator cover. (Cuz that's not weird)

I think a sleek hard cover for that giant maxi-pad of a passenger seat would be sweet!

Ooh or a cover of some sort to flatten out the look of the speedometer head.

I think a sleek hard cover for that giant maxi-pad of a passenger seat would be sweet!

Ooh or a cover of some sort to flatten out the look of the speedometer head.

I've got a mini windshield and ride 2up a lot so those would be very cool, but not suitable for me. I do like the idea of adding details rather than trying to reinvent stock pieces though... imo the styling looks great for the most part, but is dated. Any part that's changed or added on kinda looks out of place if it has too much of a modern look. Trying to come up with something that fits the bike well. I'm mulling over some sort of design where the scoop inserts open up with the vboost, or making a ram air duct on the faux tank that does the same. Both similar to the old Chevelle's actuated intake. Maybe complimented my some accent lighting around the rim that's also triggered by the boost.

Latest posts

Back