What did you do to your Vmax today? Part 2

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep us posted, base coats looking good.
Will do. He is going to do some scetches to make sure we are on the same page with the ideas. Then once he has it he said it could take a couple weeks just for him to do the original art which he will project to the tank to trace and detail.
This pic is the primary influence. Don't know exactly how close my friends art will be to it.
753ce92b7d3d0846bebb445b73f2c888.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

painted my rustiness on my exhaust connection....Chrome, black & aluminum paints...and 36000 mile markers...fun times

Attachments

• leftA.jpg
    leftA.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 40
  • leftA1.jpg
    leftA1.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 43
  • leftB.jpg
    leftB.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 37
  • rightA.jpg
    rightA.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 43
  • paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 36000miles.jpg
    36000miles.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 36
painted my rustiness on my exhaust connection....Chrome, black & aluminum paints...and 36000 mile markers...fun times

Looks pretty good. And your 1000 mi younger than mine.
;)

Also, i changed my fuel filter (looong overdue apparently).

Did Not look great..the old one. Now im having flashbacks of all the rusty tank threads ive read....

Hopefully it was just never changed, as long as ive owned her, the tanks been full..and didnt appear rusty when I've scoped her out b4. (Heres hopin).

T $

Oh yeah, cant forget..not what i did to my max, bit what i did to myself 'working on the max'. (Gettin ready for the exhaust transplant.. squirted PB blaster in my eye while preppin for the switch.
Its the strangest thing whrn you see the stream ciming right at your eye..milliseconds b4 it hits.

Bit rest assured, im totally fine to live another day.
;)

T $

Shimmed the valves, checked the coils and wires etc., and threw those damn carbs in a box and shipped them to Sean to figure out. It was either that or start tapping on them with a 5 lb sledge hammer! Ahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Changed out the radiator. the old one had corroded out on the tube from the top that goes to the water pump so who knows what the internals look like. The hardest part was getting some of the hoses off. The PO used some gasket sealer that pretty much bonded the hose to the tubes.

Used a cheap $100 china radiator. The top tube is too long and bent at a slightly different angle so just cut off about 1/2 inch and now everything fits. I used some new silicon type hoses that are a lot easier to put on.

Only thing left is to replace the two hoses from the top of the cylinder to the water pump. But my hands are pretty chewed up so can wait for a while.

Hope no leaks and of course my temps stay stable. Before, always overheat since I run a supercharger.

Pic of old radiator

Attachments

• 20228665_10155315521804718_1369309482350025631_n.jpg
    20228665_10155315521804718_1369309482350025631_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 30
Cleaned them up and then started to clean the disaster area that is my garage.

Attachments

• 20229170_2047762855249726_3887366639771713758_n.jpg
    20229170_2047762855249726_3887366639771713758_n.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 20246063_2047770498582295_5275650722789098967_n.jpg
    20246063_2047770498582295_5275650722789098967_n.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 19
Changed out the radiator. the old one had corroded out on the tube from the top that goes to the water pump so who knows what the internals look like. The hardest part was getting some of the hoses off. The PO used some gasket sealer that pretty much bonded the hose to the tubes.

I'd be lost without my hose pic. It's great for breaking the seal on hoses, and has many other uses. It's just a hook on the end of a screw driver type handle.

Well these bikes are probably at the nadir of value now, seeing-as the oldest are 32 years-old, and the newest are 10 y.o. As I am fond of saying that's a longer production run than Henry's Model T. You should be able to pick up a decent used one for not a lot of $ if you wanted, and as you've been thru the wringer sorting out this one, you should be able to tackle things fairly-easily. I know you said you would probably go with a newer bike, but if you have the space, having a classic bike like the VMax as a Sunday cruiser, which will draw attention wherever you go, especially with the Kerker 4/1, and your VBoost (optional) switch set to "butterflies always-open," as you slowly idle thru the rows of bikes at your local bike night hangout. For the $, I think there's nothing that can compare for 'attitude.'

Well these bikes are probably at the nadir of value now, seeing-as the oldest are 32 years-old, and the newest are 10 y.o. As I am fond of saying that's a longer production run than Henry's Model T. You should be able to pick up a decent used one for not a lot of $ if you wanted, and as you've been thru the wringer sorting out this one, you should be able to tackle things fairly-easily. I know you said you would probably go with a newer bike, but if you have the space, having a classic bike like the VMax as a Sunday cruiser, which will draw attention wherever you go, especially with the Kerker 4/1, and your VBoost (optional) switch set to "butterflies always-open," as you slowly idle thru the rows of bikes at your local bike night hangout. For the $, I think there's nothing that can compare for 'attitude.'

So true! Nothing like a bunch 'bike guys' that stare in disbelief, 'cause they've never seen anything like it, but the sound keeps them up at night....

So true! Nothing like a bunch 'bike guys' that stare in disbelief, 'cause they've never seen anything like it, but the sound keeps them up at night....

Absolutely - I agree with both of you. :clapping:
(nice lookin bike borg- btw)

And "regular guy", I would down arrow you for that if I could. Shame on you. ;) (I know, ya gotta do whatcha gotta do- good luck man).

T$

Started and let it run until the fan came on. Gotta fix an exhaust leak, and keep plugging away in project mode.

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

Back