metal polish

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
Anyone with polished aluminum should try California Customs Purple metal polish.

This stuff works better than anything that I have ever used! Its almost unbelievable and just like it says on the bottle,results may become addicting.

I've used mothers and Brasso and either one is awesome but they work ok. I usually just use a good car wax. :confused2:

I've tried about every polish known to man.This purple polish kicks their ass.

Shawn,
I just picked up some purple polish and gave it a try.:th_image003: I can't believe how well it works.

I was always a firm believer in mother's products...
But there's no comparison.

Everyone needs to try this stuff.
Call Mike @ 800-457-1242 and tell him where you live and he will tell you who sells it close to where you live.

I'm going to pick some up and try it on my front rim....it's pretty damn dull from all the road grime/brake dust. Honda Metal Polish and even Mother's didn't do too well.

Mark

+1 on the Purple Polish. It's much better than Mothers. It almost makes my scoops look great and that's saying a lot.

on my chopper I used flitz, and for my cop garb it was brasso.

Attachments

• KJ_Chopper1.jpg
    KJ_Chopper1.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 51
  • KJ_Chopper2.jpg
    KJ_Chopper2.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 61
on my chopper I used flitz, and for my cop garb it was brasso.

Nice looking chopper... must be loud! Definitely must see some more pictures of the paint and graphics and of the seat (think I see a skull on that!) .

Nice looking chopper... must be loud! Definitely must see some more pictures of the paint and graphics and of the seat (think I see a skull on that!) .

It was loud, the pipes on it were called LAF (loud as f**k), it wasn't people friendly, it spat dirt and rocks at people while going through parking lots.

Here is another angle that shows the paint job a little better. It's basically demons ripping through the paint. The tank and both fenders were done up as a continuous mural. I'll see if I can find a larger picture that shows more detail.

Attachments

• KJSchop2.jpg
    KJSchop2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 63
Well I tried the Purple Metal polish on my Max.
Bout the only thing it works on is the pipes. It did a really good job on them with no effort. Took everything off the pipes and made them look brand new, cept for a tiny little bit of pitting right at the top of the pipes near the exhaust ports.
It did not work on the valve covers or the side scoops.
It kinda semi worked on the rims and rear springs, but not to my satisfaction.

So basically it doesn't work on clear coated stuff that well.
I got some on the frame by accident and did notice it made the frame very glossy.

I haven't had a chance to try it on my aluminum rims on my truck yet. I'll let you know how that turns out.

Cowboy,Nothing works through the clear.

I was polishing some brass today,It had some stains and was dirty. I decided to try some 0000 steel wool with the purple metal polish.It really worked well.I did the whole thing with it and it did not leave any scratchs.I will try it on some of my aluminum next and let you know.

you did strip the grey paint off the scoops first when i did mine i had no idea it was grey paint or somthing grey that came off with the clear

Cowboy,Nothing works through the clear.

I was polishing some brass today,It had some stains and was dirty. I decided to try some 0000 steel wool with the purple metal polish.It really worked well.I did the whole thing with it and it did not leave any scratchs.I will try it on some of my aluminum next and let you know.

Yeah I know, I thought I'd try it anyway. I'm one of those people who will try something once just to see.
That's how I found out that household rust remover is the easiest way to take water stains (the ones that vinegar or industrial glass cleaners won't take off) off windows. Even though it says on the bottle to avoid getting on glass, it was the only thing that took those damn water stains right off my truck's side and back windows.

I've always used Mother's on my trucks. It cleans the rims really well, but it's time consuming. So when I get time I'm going to try the Purple Metal Polish on the wheels.

Here ya go BH, I found another pic from messing around at night. It better shows the paint detail and the stitching on the seat.

Attachments

• bike3.jpg
    bike3.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 60
  • bike4.jpg
    bike4.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts

Back